Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2007 E92 BMW 335i
10,761 Posts
The interior has an Audi/BMW kind of look to it, not bad at all for an everyday car.

·
Registered
'03 STS (RIP), '89 Eldorado, '13 Malibu, '89 Grand Wagoneer
2,191 Posts
The seats are nice... that's are about it though. I hate that dash, for whatever reason the Japanese can never quite get the dash right. They almost got it with the 95-01 Mazda Millenia but it's been progressively downhill ever since. And I absolutely hate that type of window switches, they are very counter-intuitive. I think GM did a really nice job with the Seville's interior. My most favorite interior of all time was the 300M, I still love those seats and the dash layout. Funny thing is that the new Lucernes have those 300M seats, I guess someone else likes them! If they were to rename the Lucerne back to the Park Avenue that would definitely be my next car! Either way.. Honda has definitely made some strides... wayyy better than any Toyota, just not my cup of tea though.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The seats are nice... that's are about it though. I hate that dash, for whatever reason the Japanese can never quite get the dash right. They almost got it with the 95-01 Mazda Millenia but it's been progressively downhill ever since. And I absolutely hate that type of window switches, they are very counter-intuitive. I think GM did a really nice job with the Seville's interior. My most favorite interior of all time was the 300M, I still love those seats and the dash layout. Funny thing is that the new Lucernes have those 300M seats, I guess someone else likes them! If they were to rename the Lucerne back to the Park Avenue that would definitely be my next car! Either way.. Honda has definitely made some strides... wayyy better than any Toyota, just not my cup of tea though.
I love the interior of your Seville.. That's comfort and luxury right there.. But I do like the interior of the Accord. I actually like these types of dashes...

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
And I absolutely hate that type of window switches, they are very counter-intuitive.
Huh??? I don't think you can have a switch that is MORE intuitive than the Honda's...

As for general ergonomics, I still have not driven a car that was as easy to live with and get used to as my old '01 Accord coupe...

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
The reason for those switches isnt for aesthetic purposes (though I vastly prefer the toggles myself), they were phased in as a federal requirement because children can climb up on the armrest and with flat switches they can push the button and inadvertently get their heads stuck in the window and choke. Some manufacturers have implemented anti-pinch mechanisms, but sometimes they arent quick enough, or sensitive enough to prevent injury.

As for the Accord... It's a little too plasticky inside for my tastes, those hard metal-look plastics everyone is using these days. Im also not a huge fan of the way Honda's engines feel and sound. The outside is better for an Accord I suppose.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I like it a lot...the interior looks like something out of a VW/Audi, and the exterior is gorgeous. The only complaint I have with the exterior is the grille, it kinda looks like a Ridgeline.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Yea, thats true, the bulls-eye grill began on the Ram and trickled down to the rest of the Dodge line. Ford has taken it to a whole other level with this oversized 3 bar brute-face treatment though.

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
Personally I am not fond of the new Ford grille... its just too much.

Also, it seems like Honda fnially dumped the 5-point grille they've had since the early 90's....

I like it alot.... the first picture, front/side is best... the back... a couple lines i don't like... one of them being that body line that ends from the top of the rear window and goes stright down to the bottom of the door at a curve (end of rear door) Not digging that at all....

But, yeah it is a step up... looks pretty good :)

But, keep in mind what its going to be up against too.... like the new for '08 Pontiac G8..... nice...

I think the door panels, in comparison to the new Accord are lacking... but dang its sexy.

The base G8 model is equipped with a 3.6L DOHC V-6 with variable valve timing, rated at 261 horsepower (194 kW). It is paired with a five-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode.

The G8 GT is powered by a 6.0L small-block V-8, rated at 362 horsepower (270 kW) and 391 lb.-ft. of torque (530 Nm). A six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode is standard and features the fuel-saving Active Fuel Management system, which enhances fuel economy by alternating between eight- and four-cylinder power. An optional six-speed manual transmission will be available soon after launch.

A limited-slip rear differential is standard with GT models.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
That Pontiac looks better in almost every conceivable way than the Accord. That is saying alot for Pontiac.

The problem is, the base model is not gonna be nearly as nice as that loaded to the gills GT.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These cars will appeal to an entirely different audience.. The Honda is luxurious; the G8s is sporty. Neither is going to steal sales from the other...

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
5,329 Posts
These cars will appeal to an entirely different audience.. The Honda is luxurious; the G8s is sporty. Neither is going to steal sales from the other...
You really see it with the wood trim in the Honda, and the G8 doesn't look as spacious.

That being said, gimme the 6.0 L :thumbsup:

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I think the steering wheel and gauges in the Accord are SOOO much better than in the G8 it's not even funny!

But the nose of the Accord looks a lot like a Sonata.

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
While not fast, the Accord is getting quick as well.. So it's getting more luxurious, bigger and faster... Honda is really doing a great job with this once worthless piece of garbage...

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
I'm gonna get so much flack for this, but I'm not a huge fan of the G8's styling. It's much better than any recent Pontiac, but I personally think it looks too much like the last GTO....GM Generic. But IIRC, they're both Holdens. Maybe I don't like the look of it because it's in that steel grey color...maybe I'd love it if it was bright red, but I don't care for that very much. I'm sure it's a brillant car though.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts