Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be leaving at the beginning of January, around the 7th or so. I'll be in a small town called Fiesole overlooking Florence for 4 months till my semester is over. The group I'm going with is 24 strong, 22 of them business majors like myself, so I know everyone. We stay in a Villa. Every morning, we have breakfast prepared for us. While we're at class or in town, the maid service picks up our rooms for us. Lunch, we're on our own. 5 nights a week, we dine at some of the higher-quality restaurants in Florence. We'll be spending holy week in Rome. Oh damn this is sweet! Got the acceptance letter in the mail, holy sh*t am I excited!

The cost is very nice as well, no more than one regular semester of tuition. Of course, I have to bring my own cash, I've been told by others who have gone in the past I'll need between 5-7 grand. That's a friggin' lot of money! I think I'll learn to get by on a few thousand less, I don't really have a choice.

There's a library close by with slow but reliable internet apparently, so I'll be sure to keep up around here when I can. Tentative plans right now include traveling to Cairo and Istanbul. I want to see the Pyramids and the Hagia Sophia. And yes, I realize being an American Christian makes things slightly more complicated.

Man, this isn't a semester studying abroad, it's a 4 month vacation! I still can't believe I'm in! This is f&*$*ing awesome! Wooo-hooo!

Wish me luck, anyone selling a used SLR? I need a high-quality digital camera to replace the hunk of junk 2 megapixel Fuji I have!

Brian

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
Italy's nice. I had a friend who went to Sicily for a year and now he speaks fluent Italian. It's quite funny to hear him curse at teachers because they don't understand what hes saying.

My uncle works in Cairo at AUC, he's a biology professor. Turkey should be okay, they're pretty accepting of other religions besides Islam. And Egypt is okay too, I mean, compared to like Iran or Saudi Arabia.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Congrats Brian.

Make those special memories.

Life is short ;and, these types
of opportunities are often a
one shot deal.

Make the best of it, and have
an exceptionally good time!

Best Regards,

TomDeville :cool2:

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
Sounds cool. Remember one thing, in Italy, people there look at your shoes FIRST, then they look at you. Seriously, they judge you by your shoes if they are good quality or not, it tells a lot about the person in their eyes. My friend lived there for a year and noticed this, as they are fashion conscious with these things. So buy some Clarks, or nice rockports made in the U.S.A. to impress the ladies there. :p :shhh:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Hey 90Brougham350, Go for it. The memories you'll make will stay with you for a lifetime. Just remember to take lots of pics and have fun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
10 Participants
addison_ii