Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The grill and exhaust extensions are on, installed the new wheels and tires on Sunday, had the tint done yesterday (35% all around), and it is having the alignment checked and ceramic pads installed this morning. I'm pleased with how its turned out so now I'm just going to enjoy driving it and lurking here on the forum.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
doorknob said:
The grill and exhaust extensions are on, installed the new wheels and tires on Sunday, had the tint done yesterday (35% all around), and it is having the alignment checked and ceramic pads installed this morning. I'm pleased with how its turned out so now I'm just going to enjoy driving it and lurking here on the forum.
It's like potato chips Doorknob..you can't just stop with one. Your CTS is addictive and you will make more mods.:D

I can't tell you how many times I told myself I was done! Now I'm waiting for part numbers for the new tower brace and sport grill!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RobertCTS said:
It's like potato chips Doorknob..you can't just stop with one. Your CTS is addictive and you will make more mods.:D

I can't tell you how many times I told myself I was done! Now I'm waiting for part numbers for the new tower brace and sport grill!!
I'm sure you are right, but I'll have to lay low for awhile...the wife really got steamed when the new wheels and tires arrived. :duck:

My son happened to be at the house that day and he said his Mom had to eat chocolate to calm down (and she is a gym rat, low fat, low carb). He quoted her as saying that the next wheels and tires to arrive better fit a hearse. :hide:

So I'll just enjoy my new toy for awhile and follow the adventures of the forum members. But I am curious about that new sports grill, too. :shhh:

I really do like my CTS and enjoy the forum (even if people can get a bit too sensitive at times).:)

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
doorknob said:
I'm sure you are right, but I'll have to lay low for awhile...the wife really got steamed when the new wheels and tires arrived. :duck:

My son happened to be at the house that day and he said his Mom had to eat chocolate to calm down (and she is a gym rat, low fat, low carb). He quoted her as saying that the next wheels and tires to arrive better fit a hearse. :hide:

So I'll just enjoy my new toy for awhile and follow the adventures of the forum members. But I am curious about that new sports grill, too. :shhh:

I really do like my CTS and enjoy the forum (even if people can get a bit too sensitive at times).:)
Reminds me of Helen Reddy and her song, "I am Women..Hear me Roar!"

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
My girlfriend used to rag on me about all of the mods I was doing to my 'brand new Cadillac". I started modding it the first month I got it. Last month, she said a patient came into her office with one the same color. She admitted that mine now looks SO much better than when it was stock. LOL

I think most women stereotypically don't understand the gear-head mentality of customizing a perfectly good car. But they certainly understand the importance of having their hair colored every month, and buying another pair of 'cute' shoes! :hide:

(My apologies the women on this forum for stereotyping)

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Doorknob, you are so not done, Bro. I thought I was done light years ago, but every time there is something else..Leave it to this forum and they will come up with some new idea/mod that you just gotta get....As a matter of fact just over the week end, I smoked my tail lights and installed a set of stainless steel/chrome fat ass dual oval exhaust tips to replace the set I had...I will post pics later....My wife just shook her head...She's cool with it though because the CTS is like my hobby..Plus, when she goes in to Tower Records (she's a vocalist) and drops $300 on CDs, I don't even say anything...cause that's her thing.....However, when she sees CTS that aren't sitting low like mine or grilled out..she's like "honey, your CTS looks much nicer...Also, she totally flipped when the CTS in my church parking lot had similar wheels and the same tires as mine....

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
pjohnesq said:
Doorknob, you are so not done, Bro. I thought I was done light years ago, but every time there is something else..Leave it to this forum and they will come up with some new idea/mod that you just gotta get....As a matter of fact just over the week end, I smoked my tail lights and installed a set of stainless steel/chrome fat ass dual oval exhaust tips to replace the set I had...I will post pics later....My wife just shook her head...She's cool with it though because the CTS is like my hobby..Plus, when she goes in to Tower Records (she's a vocalist) and drops $300 on CDs, I don't even say anything...cause that's her thing.....However, when she sees CTS that aren't sitting low like mine or grilled out..she's like "honey, your CTS looks much nicer...Also, she totally flipped when the CTS in my church parking lot had similar wheels and the same tires as mine....
PJ,
I remember you once saying you were done..that was before the CTS-V exhaust mod came along.:D

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V, 2001 Honda Shadow Sabre
1,640 Posts
RobertCTS said:

Does anyone know what that grill is supposed to look like? I've seen some distant pics but nothing up close. Also, I was driving by my local dealership on sunday and noticed a couple of new cars on the lot so I stopped to take a closer look. There are a couple of new 06 CTS's with a lighter colored grill, kind of a brushed aluminum color. I took some pics on my phone, but I cant find the cable to link to my computer so I'll have to drop back by sometime with my digital camera. I tried to link the grills to a particular option package or feature, but couldnt find anything on the window sticker.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
Does anyone know what that grill is supposed to look like? I've seen some distant pics but nothing up close. Also, I was driving by my local dealership on sunday and noticed a couple of new cars on the lot so I stopped to take a closer look. There are a couple of new 06 CTS's with a lighter colored grill, kind of a brushed aluminum color. I took some pics on my phone, but I cant find the cable to link to my computer so I'll have to drop back by sometime with my digital camera. I tried to link the grills to a particular trip package or feature, but couldnt find anything on the window sticker.
Doc is a Denist in training...kinda like a starving artist. He has the longest wish list in the forum.:D

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
RobertCTS said:
Doc is a Denist in training...kinda like a starving artist. He has the longest wish list in the forum.:D
Yeah, pretty soon I'm gonna be panhandling around with a sign, "will work for mods"

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
DDS rollin a CTS said:
Does anyone know what that grill is supposed to look like?
The new sport grill looks like a cross between a V grill and our grills. They are body colored, rather than silver, and have thinner cross bars. This is to expose the V-like stainless mesh that lurks beneath. Very nice looking. There were pics posted here in the past, and I have them on my other computer. There are a lot of us patiently waiting for this to be released to the parts departments (along with the strut tower brace).

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
odysseus said:
The new sport grill looks like a cross between a V grill and our grills. They are body colored, rather than silver, and have thinner cross bars. This is to expose the V-like stainless mesh that lurks beneath. Very nice looking. There were pics posted here in the past, and I have them on my other computer. There are a lot of us patiently waiting for this to be released to the parts departments (along with the strut tower brace).
...and some not so patiently waiting. Crushing debt, here I come!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pjohnesq said:
The wife has admitted that the car looks good, especially with the grill and wheels. Of course, her first words aftr two days of the silent treatment, were "what's wrong with the wheels it has?" She'll cool off after awhile. She got upset when I got my Corvette and added some things.

And I'm sure you and RobertCTS are right, there will be more mods in the future. Maybe Eibach's in the Spring (no pun intended).

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
msubleda13 said:
Need Photos.....................now
WEather is supposed to be nice tomorrow. I'll try take a few and post them soon.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My son, who is a full time police officer (I am merely a reserve), has been kidding me about my mods. Last night he said he fully expected my CTS to get jacked now that I've got the grill, wheels and tint. Told him that I still had the "ball fringe" to install.:)

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
doorknob said:
My son, who is a full time police officer (I am merely a reserve), has been kidding me about my mods. Last night he said he fully expected my CTS to get jacked now that I've got the grill, wheels and tint. Told him that I still had the "ball fringe" to install.:)
How many remember the ball and tassle fringes around the windows? 1950's I think.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FSU_Noles said:
Here is my 2006 17" Sport Model, this grill was listed on the sticker as a dealer option, so not sure if this is the "sport" grill of which you speak, it if is then this is what it looks like.
That's not the Factory Sports Appearance Grill but it certainly is sweet.

I bought an 06 with 17" sport package and it came with a stock grill (which I have replaced with the V grill).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts