Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
platnium 04 cts-v
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you may recall from my SAD EASTER WEEKEND, I was waitng on the inspector for my warranty.MONDAY came,and he showed, I was surprised that he showed up at 9am, long story short it was approved and by lunch time I was switching my gears to the new case. The operation is very simple. The hardest task was removing the race & spacer ring. The new case only comes with the pressed in bushing. Like I said before I'm a damn good mechanic,and very picky, I inspected every tooth,bearing,gear & housing no damage could be found. After I got off work at 5:30pm I headed to TRIAD MOTORSPORTS where I purchased my BABY & warranty from, and got to work. I finished the install. on the diff about 8:30, but by this time it had started to rain. So I took her for a 30min. spin, I must say I was very pleased but yet not satisfied. Tuesday was very sunny and dry,boy was I happy. 5:30 took forever to come, but when it did I went to test my rear. After 4 long hours of hard driving & dogging my rear,I'ma say it's straight especially with no whine. Thanx GUYs for the feedback and concern (Scatillac).

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
After 4 long hours of hard driving & dogging my rear,I'ma say it's straight especially with no whine.
im pretty sure you should of babied it for at least the first 100-500 miles.. im no expert but it just seams like common sense for anything on the drivetrain to require a break-in period + these diffs are already under built as it is,

i got my replaced 2 weeks ago and am still babying it around but then again im out of warranty so i have a different mind set

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-V
60 Posts
Just got my broken diff approved under warranty today, new unit ordered from lindsay I cant wait to not have any whine.........

·
Registered
platnium 04 cts-v
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Common sense is, there was nothing to break in I used my old guts & put them in a new case. Now had it been a whole BRAND NEW diff yeah i would haved babied the [email protected]# out of it. I will keep you guys updated after I put some more miles on her. I suppose to go to ASHEVILLE NC, this weekend that should be fun, curvey mountain roads!!:eek:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts