Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 CTS Vsport Black Tricoat/black, 16 Escalade Premium Lux Gray on Kona.
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time no see guys. This is the third time I've come to the forums. Had the 06 STS 1SG back in 2006-2009, then the a 2009 CTS 3.6DI until 2011. There was a hiatus in there where I bought a 2008 BMW 550i (love that car.....) and now a Mazda CX-5.

I will likely have another 550i, but we came back to the Cadillac camp for the wife. She's been wonderful so I treated her to a "new" car. Not sure if I got a great deal but we went looking Saturday and picked up a 2011 Cadillac Escalade Luxury with 50k miles for $40k. Is that a good deal? They sold it to us at cost since my dad works for the dealer chain. It was out of warranty so I picked up the full coverage for 6 years/60k with $100/deductible. It was cheap (in my opinion) and I really don't want to mess with the car if it breaks.

She's planning for the 2nd child seat (........lol) and the 2014 Kia Sorento was going to be mighty tight of a fit without a third row. That car was great for what it was, and fairly cheap as well. I'm going to keep my fuel efficient Mazda until I don't drive so many miles a year (25k).

Anyways, so far we love it. You really feel like you're in command of the road, and the wife loves the exhaust burble. It's ironic considering she hated the exhaust that *she* bought for my CTS.

One odd feature - this came with a gray suede headliner. Was that an option on that year, or did the last owner custom install it? It looks factory, but since it's a different color from the handles, a-pillar bose tweeters, and other trim pieces I'd say it's not factory.

Two problems right off the bat:

The 2nd row cupholder cover is broken off. Anyone know where to get that? Looks like someone broke the screw holes off on the bottom of the cover.
TPMS is completely non-functional. (all tires show dashes) I suspect the last owner had different wheels on it and put the stock ones back on but didn't check. I tried the TPMS relearn but it doesn't acknowledge the FL sensor when I let it out from 40 PSI to 20 or fill it back up.
I suspect one or more are dead, but who knows.

I'm trying to make a huge list of stuff to fix in order to maximize the warranty deductible. What else should I look for?

Lastly, It's good to be back. While I really want a 550i again, I always said (you can search) if they gave the CTS 400hp I'd come back.

·
Registered
A red 2007 escalade base and a orange 2004 lamborghini galla
167 Posts
That's a pretty good price honestly because over here in South Carolina I saw a 2011 but it had 90,000 miles on it. And it was going for 41k so yea for 50k miles that's a pretty good deal

1 - 2 of 2 Posts