Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS 3.6L "The Gray Ghost"(R.I.P), 05 CTS 3.6L "Fin"
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a my new CTS.
2005 3.6L blue/gray. 53,500 miles, tints, Volant CAI, V bumper, aftermarket exhaust (I assume a V exhaust since there is no branding on it, I would think Borla and the rest would brand their name on somewhere). I had them put it on a lift to check the entire underbelly. And an aftermarket remote start. Had my mechanic check it out and he gave it the thumbs up.
Listed at 13,000, drove out paying 13,200 with taxes, title transfer, registration and all that good stuff plus a 5yr/100,000 powertrain warranty.
I have to do some reseach to add my Pioneer navi/DIC mod with the remote start. Not sure how the remote start is wired in and if it will affect the navi install to keep the DIC. Also, it doesn't have the bose, which is fine cause I'll be adding a fosgate amp and subs. But again will have ot do some research on that. Anyway, I'm back in the game baby!

·
Registered
06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
1,161 Posts
:welcome: man congrats! thats a sweet ride! looks like all the mods are already done for you too haha. any plans for it?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just gonna clear out the fogs. Already have them made form my last car that I was waiting for spring to install. It's a V bumper though, so I think I have to get new brackets but I'm not sure. Gotta do some searching on that. tinted sides, gonna put my Navi back in, and since it is a non-bose system, I'll be putting a new amp and subs in. Other than that, everything I would want to do is already done.

PS. can anyone tell me how to remove attachemnts form my profile? I get a message telling me I have exceeded my limit. Also, how do I attach a pic directly to my post, as opposed to the way I have already attached (a link)?

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
welcome back, glad to see your in a CTS still/ again.

i know you didnt ask lol, but im going to give my opinion anyways! loose the orange fog/drl and side markers, flat arrow spoiler, and of course LED interior and exterior, maybe some nice sensible rims

looks good either way and you got a pretty killer deal on it

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
Welcome back. Good job on the powertrain warranty for 100k miles. Thats a great pricing you paid then. If the timing chain goes, you should be covered.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
sweet ride!!!
whoever had it before you put some $ into that front end.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By all means, give opinions.
I will be clearing the fogs and tinting/clearing the sides (which ever looks better with the color). I have my old tinted sides but I had them on a stealth gray and this is a much lighter color, so I'll see which I like better. I don't really like the spoiler, but I think it is drilled in (I have to investigate that a little more), so if I remove it, I'll have the holes in my trunk. I'm not much of a wheel guy and I have two little ones at home, so unless I can find a REAL good deal, prob won't be changing them. I already have the LEDs that were ready to go in the last ride, just waiting for warmer weather.
It was listed as having the 1SC package and it doesn't, so I had great wiggle room to talk about price. Told him that package is what brought me in and it was missing the HID's, bose, and had the 16" wheels, different suspension and no stabilitrac.

Thanks to this site, I knew everything I needed to about the CTS. He tried telling me that this model came from the factory with the V bumper and exhaust as a package. Didn't know anything about the CAI. The factory intake was in a box in the trunk and when I opened the trunk he was like, well I don't know what that is but I'll get rid of it. I told him it was fine and leave it. He didn't even know about the remote start. I saw the code alarm fob on the keyring and since he didn't mention it, neither did I.
After all that, he wasn't willing to drop to what I wanted to pay, and the financing guy came in and gave me the old "well, come into my office and let's see what we can do", then offered me the warranty. Bottom line, I wish I never wrecked my old CTS, but I'm happy with the new one

·
Registered
06 Cadillac CTS 3.6L [Sold :( ] 02 Mustang GT 5Spd
1,161 Posts
Still sounds like you go an awesome deal. I had a simlilar situation with the remote start. since mine uses the factory key fob the only way i knew it was installed was because of the red LED in the dash. I just had to earn the programming and now i use it all the time. they tried to get me to install their own remote start system too. how funny would it have been for the installers to find one in there already. they probably still would have charged me for it... salesmen can be serious scumbags.

glad to hear your happy with the new ride though man, enjoy it!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
4,969 Posts
LOL Pays to be on the cadi forums. Good thing we got that vin decoder and were able to pull up the carfax on it. Good job on getting the warranty. If anything, thats the best deal you got out of the whole car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts