Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
None
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I was a lurker and occasional poster here about a year and a half ago. I absolutely loved the stying of the new CTS but contemplated about waiting for the new V. I couldn't wait and instead purchased a 2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged and I'm now in the process of trying to get my money back under Oregon's lemon law. The car has had a ton of things go wrong with it. :mad2: I absolutely love the car but in the end I finally got tired of taking it back to the dealership time and time again...

At any rate, assuming I will be able to get my purchase price back in the near future, I am planning on buying a new V. Again, I've test driven just about every car I can think of and the V seems to be the best fit for me. There are some things I will miss about the Jag, but overall I think I will be very happy with the V.

I am hoping to buy an auto Black Raven, ebony interior, standard seats, sunroof, and Nav. A local dealership has exactly what I want, but I'm waiting to hear from Jag about what they're gonna do for me. I hope they make it quick because I'm already looking at mods for the V!!!

I hope to be a Cadillac owner soon!

Tony

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
I looked too at the Jag seriously. It was the only other car at that time that intrigued me. The salesman was an ass and wouldn't even let me test drive the supercharged car. It was not the performance beast the V was, but it was a great car.

I really thought about it then realized how much I loved my STS-V at the time and how good my dealer has been to me. I then thought about GM and buying American again and it became painfully obvious I needed to be in the new V. I am not disappointed in the little bit. I love this car.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V & 2009 CTS
77 Posts
I did a test drive in the Jag XF Supercharged and was going to buy it, but my son talked me out of it due to Jaguars reliability issues for previous models. So I bought my White Diamond V2. Am now very thankful to my son (I think I will increase his inheritance somewhat). The Jag was a very nice car but even the supercharged version is not the Torque Monster that Cadzilla is. Love my V2 - with Max tune from Jesse of W4M. My car is even more killer with this one mod. I am waiting for D3's CAI to decide on what my next mod will be. Oh, just returned from a trip to LA, got many thumbs up from other drivers during the trip and a lot of positive comments form drivers at gas stations up and down the California Central Valley, including the CHP (no speeding tickets yet). It is hard to keep the speed of this car down to 70 mph. My V2 wants to hunker down and run at 80 -85 mph and is ready to go even faster - I did push up to 130 mph when the road was clear in front, to the side and behind me. At 130 mph the car feels planted to the road, really solid. The exhaust note becomes loud and you can hear and feel the individual detonation of fuel in all 8 cylinders. Kinda sounds and feels like the engine noise from a P-51 Mustang, a WW2 vintage fighter, as it makes a high speed pass overhead. The staccato of pistons that you hear and feel is something every V2 owner needs to experience. I love the sound of the stock exhaust so there is no need for me to change to anything else. I gotta get a radar detector otherwise I know for sure that I am going to get a speeding ticket - that is what my wife keeps predicting or should I say --bitchin at me about. Yeah baby, wish me luck! Bottom line - You can't beat American Iron! And I don't give a -blank- what you got!! Cause, "Ain't nothin' like the real thing baby", and our V2 is the real deal. Enjoy.

·
Registered
Cadillac
36 Posts
What kinda problems where you having and are they common? I'm planning on getting my V2 and the XF supercharged (for the wifey) at the end of this year and this kinda talk bothers me.

·
Registered
None
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kinda problems where you having and are they common? I'm planning on getting my V2 and the XF supercharged (for the wifey) at the end of this year and this kinda talk bothers me.
Here is a list of the problems I've had:

1) Replace wear window - distorted glass.
2) Rear window defroster quit working (several weeks after #1)
3) Engine light keeps coming on (3-4 times at dealer for this.)
4) Rattling in the headliner behind sunroof (fixed 3 times for this.)
5) Seat belt chime malfunctions
6) Rain sensing wipers are horrible (seems fixed after #7)
7) Replaced instrument cluster due to some electrical glitches
8) Replaced intake components, also a gasket (required engine tear- down)
9) Engine smells like anti-freeze and isn't going away even after repeated requests to have fixed (after #8.)
10) Suspension system computer faults (multiple times.)
11) Bluetooth phone connection unreliable (after #7.)
12) Lights on instrument cluster dim and light up at random (after #7.)
13) Multiple creaks and rattles under entire headliner (fixed twice.)
14) Replaced battery
15) Fuel filler flap replaced due to it failing to open
16) Car has failed to start on 3 separate occasions
17) Fuel pump replaced

That's what I can remember from memory. I have service records on everything and I may be missing something.

There are several others on my Jaguar forum that have had similar problems, some much worse than mine. Having said that, there are many more that haven't had problems at all. I personally LOVE the car if you can forget all the problems it's had. Jaguar did a very fine job of designing it.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them as to what they're going to do for me.

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts