Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Scrapy's back with a new Cadillac. Well, not exactly new... I picked up a 1960 Series 62 Coupe last week. Baby blue on blue, power windows and seats. Most of it still works good too. Even the original Wonder Bar radio still has some life left in it :) . The body is fairly solid and most of the chrome looks good so I can't complain. I got a good deal on her and I'm happy. I'll post pics soon.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome back!!!

Ill be anxious to see your car..... What sort of plans do you have for it?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Good to be back. Right now I'm just getting her tuned up. It was mostly original when I got it :D . Updated to a new style altornator allready cause the original was on it's last leg. Otherwise just standard issue revise of ignition components. The rest of it's stock. I'm keeping my plans simple for the time being. Not like the last car. I'm more interested in a nice reliable cruiser for now. I'm gona bag it with in the next couple of weeks. For me it's must do mod. After that I'm gona make a cool set of side pipes and hook up an injected flame thrower system. Update to a modern stereo, and of course a nice set of wide whites. So with in a month or so I can have the car were I want it pretty much. I'll be doing brakes tomarrow so I'll snap a couple pics while I'm at it.

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Sounds great! Can't wait to see the pics!

·
Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
433 Posts
Hey Scrappy! :)

Good to see you back. I actually ran into the new owner of your old car at E-town over the summer. :)

Good to see you back. Now... Where are those pics??? :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Billy boy. Good to see you man. Was woundering if you were still around. How's my old girl doing anyway? I miss that car. Looks like your T56 project came out nice. Very classy.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sal Collaziano said:
Very nice! And boy is that a nice-looking neighborhood. I may have to consider Tampa...
Yeah, it's not so bad. Hell of a lot better then Orlando. Looks like we're get'n our own little crew of CF members down here too.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Scrapyard said:
Yeah, it's not so bad. Hell of a lot better then Orlando. Looks like we're get'n our own little crew of CF members down here too.
hey scrapy,
that is one nice looking car. If you ever want a 92 eldo let me know i am willing to trade :bouncy:
well i know that will NEVER happen
but props on the car

·
Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
433 Posts
Looks sick man! :devil: I love it! :D

Can't wait to see MORE pics... :)

So what does that thing have for a motor and tranny? Is it like a 330v8 and a powerglide? I don't know a thing about the old cars... Pretty sure that was pre-th350's & th400's... :confused:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's got a 390cid with 325hp backed by a hydromatic. I think it's a 3 speed. It shifts a bit weird. Sometimes you don't even notice it grabs 3rd. I found a company that makes adapter kits for th400's and manuals so my options are open if need be. Finally got the brakes working right. They were so out of adjustment it was scary to drive. Got a new carb on its way so by Monday this thing should be running solid again. Then it's bags and a radio and I'll be cool :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts