Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
08 CTS 6.0L/6L80 conversion
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
put about 100 miles on my car today. No more oil pan leak so keeping my fingers crossed. My daughter wanted to do a burn out so I tried a power brake and nothing. Tried Competitive mode and nothing. Tried stabilitrack off and nothing. Tried sport mode (manual shift) and nothin. Just a little chirp then back down to an idle. Let off the brake tho and it's a whole different story. Are you guys able to power brake a burnout or is it the same for you....

·
Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
409 Posts
Working like it is supposed to. Computer was designed to not allow that. Best off the line is to just stomp it. lol

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
8,986 Posts
AWD here, so scared to do anything that might fubar my transfer case/front diff.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,225 Posts
My Toyota diesel can do nice burn outs. But it has 400 Nm torque at 1800 rpms. Way more than the slow Caddy.
A manual is preferred. Clutch down, 1st gear, gas pedal down, clutch out, have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now that is a sleeper!
Probably the most missed vehicles I've ever built

·
Registered
2011 SRX Turbo
71 Posts
Probably the most missed vehicles I've ever built

Did it do okay on 10 pounds of boost? My Typhoon bent all of the stock rods running about 18 or 19 PSI way back in the day. 10 pounds on the higher-compression Bravada pistons seems to be close to the limit.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
10LBS was about max. This was the 4.3L vortex, so better flowing heads and roller cam/rockers. SY/TY were pre vortex. That truck would launch so hard. Dummy me did a launch once and all the loose stuff flew to the back of the truck.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I do, and still have my Typhoon :D
I always wanted a SAAB 9-4X but hard to find. SRX 2.8T is probably next best thing (for me). I do however have a XWD 9-3 (stage 2 BCB tune) but not the TX. It just sits in the garage, I have too much stuff...

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
8,986 Posts
I always wanted a SAAB 9-4X but hard to find. SRX 2.8T is probably next best thing (for me). I do however have a XWD 9-3 (stage 2 BCB tune) but not the TX. It just sits in the garage, I have too much stuff...
My sister had the SRX with the Saab turbo engine.
I may or may not have thrashed it while running simple errands for her.
She traded it in for a Jeep Wrangler.

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,429 Posts
Love Some Meaty Fat Toads?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts