Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this site is the bomb !!!:coolgleam

anyways i accidentally stumbled onto this site b/c my check engine light came on and i am constantly topping of the Dexcool coolant (maybe every month or so)

this is a great site:worship:

i didnt know there was so many caddy freaks out there LOL...
as for myself, i kinda stumbled onto a caddy. I got a 2001 Catera Sport !!

Besides constantly taking it to the shop, i Love the car. unfortunately i forgot my waranty expired and i am left to fend for myself:banghead:

anyways this site will help me cope with my car troubles... cheers for now JEFF from Beantown

·
...Reloaded
'05 XLR
1,698 Posts
Hey Jeff - Welcome to the CadillacForums! Thanks for the kind words about the Board. If you don't find enough information about your disappearing coolant by searching the Forums, just sart a Thread and ask about it.

Thanks for registering. :welcome: Glad you found us!

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard.... thanks for signing up..... :wave:

I remember another thread about this same problem on a catera (97 if I recall correctly), and I think it was something about leaky heater hoses or something...... Just do a search and see what you come up with.....

·
Registered
9 Posts
2001Catera said:
this site is the bomb !!!:coolgleam

anyways i accidentally stumbled onto this site b/c my check engine light came on and i am constantly topping of the Dexcool coolant (maybe every month or so)

this is a great site:worship:

i didnt know there was so many caddy freaks out there LOL...
as for myself, i kinda stumbled onto a caddy. I got a 2001 Catera Sport !!

Besides constantly taking it to the shop, i Love the car. unfortunately i forgot my waranty expired and i am left to fend for myself:banghead:

anyways this site will help me cope with my car troubles... cheers for now JEFF from Beantown
I suggest is to have your cooling system pressure tested. Most reputable shops can do this test itself for around twenty bucks. This will find any potential source of the obvious possible subtle leaks in any hoses or radiator. If it's a small leak it's damn near impossible to locate any tell tale signs visually. You might want to take a good look at the bottom side of your radiator cap as well. If there is any sludgy residue, which is pale tan in color, then you could have another situation, which is commonly overlooked, by most shops. What this would be is oil that is mixing into your cooling system by having the coolant escaping through the head gasket. You want to remedy this ASAP by replacing the head gasket. Also ensure you have a good look at the cylinder chambers and block for any problems caused by this if it's been a while. A wet and dry compression test is always appropriate to be thorough. Finally your cooling system would need a thorough pressure flushing / cleaning if this was the cause of the symptom you are talking about. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts