Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also bought the handles but I had no luck to finding which wire I need to splice. I tried two grey cables that are the first cables you see and on the left side of door connecting to a plug but no luck. If you have better luck than me can you please upload pictures or explain which cable you used and where?
Did you ever figure it out? I just purchased them on ebay today and need to know if it'll be a easy install or not. I'm very young and pay someone to do my advanced stuff like this and don't know if my guy can do it. Please I'll take any details you guys can give me. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found the handles on eBay and had to splice into the door harness on each door. The wire is grey i believe that you’ll need to spice the white wire on the handles into in order to get the illumination effect. other than that, it’s easy
[/QUOTE]
I just purchased them on ebay today and need to know if it'll be a easy install or not. I'm very young and pay someone to do my advanced stuff like this and don't know if my guy can do it. Please I'll take any details you guys can give me. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks Also I have a Ats, the handles will fit to my ats, but idk if it comes able to be hooked up electronically because it's a different model then cts but maybe wiring is still the same

·
Registered
2016 Cadillac CTS Luxury 2.0L
80 Posts
Found the handles on eBay and had to splice into the door harness on each door. The wire is grey i believe that you’ll need to spice the white wire on the handles into in order to get the illumination effect. other than that, it’s easy
I just purchased them on ebay today and need to know if it'll be a easy install or not. I'm very young and pay someone to do my advanced stuff like this and don't know if my guy can do it. Please I'll take any details you guys can give me. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks Also I have a Ats, the handles will fit to my ats, but idk if it comes able to be hooked up electronically because it's a different model then cts but maybe wiring is still the same
[/QUOTE]
I think the CTS harness is different. Is there any way you can take pictures or video of where the wire is located?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I think the CTS harness is different. Is there any way you can take pictures or video of where the wire is located?
[/QUOTE]
All you need to do is get a volt meter and check each wire in the door harness after removing the door panels and see which wire has voltage when the cargo lights are turned on. Verify by then turning the switch off and on and closing the door. Once you have discovered which wire this is, use a T-Tap connecter and tap into the wire without cutting it unless you plan to solder. Once you have tapped into this wire, you then connect it to the white wire on the new illuminating door handle. I promise the hardest part is literally removing the door panels as the window seals makes it extra fun. It really is not a hard swap to make.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts