Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
2023 CT5-V RWD / 2020 XT6 Sport / 2024 Lyriq AWD (reserved)
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New car (a 2023 CT5-V) that definitely has the illuminated sill plate feature but they do not illuminate. Anybody else with this feature can comment on this - does it work for you; if it didn't, what did you do about it?

I went to the manual (in case I had to turn it on) and there's no mention of it.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
2015 XTS FWD 2020 CT5 Prem Lux 3.0tt
661 Posts
There is a switch/ button on the left side of the upper windshield console. Make sure it is not turned off. That switch/button also determines whether your interior lights come on when you open the doors. I just checked mine and when I turn it off the sill lights dont illuminate. Hope that’s the problem.

· Premium Member
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a switch/ button on the left side of the upper windshield console. Make sure it is not turned off. That switch/button also determines whether your interior lights come on when you open the doors. I just checked mine and when I turn it off the sill lights dont illuminate. Hope that’s the problem.
Thank you so much. This solved the problem. There's no mention of the sill plates in the manual but, of course, they are connected to the interior lights - if you have those set to illuminating when the door opens, so will the sill plates.

For others in the future, here's the button we're looking for:

Personal luxury car Gadget Automotive design Family car Auto part

If the little light on this button is illuminated, the interior lights and the sill plates will not illuminate. For some reason, my car was delivered with this feature turned off. I've corrected it now and the sill plates look great when illuminated.

Thanks again @Cadjiek

· Premium Member
5,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You’re welcome. My car was also delivered with the switch turned off. I didn’t realize this for about a week. I was always outside during daylight hours and didn’t notice it.
Same. I noticed it last night after some lengthy driving at night.

I've updated the title thread so others will see that this is resolved.

Thanks again.

· Registered
22 CT5 Premium Lux & '17 XT5 Luxury AWD
174 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I must have turned that off on my car at some point and forgot about it. I've noticed the sills did not illuminate and assumed I didn't have the "lighting package" on my car but never got around to looking at the monroney sticker to verify. Sure enough its got it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts