Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Deville; 1990 Brougham
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yup, Thats how I got mine out....I had the back all torn apart while I was putting in new rear speakers and so I had the sail panel interior piece off so i just pushed it (the crest) through to the outside. It got a bit messy with the factory adhesive not wanting to let go but it did eventually.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dude,

Mine are dead too. There's a pick a part near by (Gem City Auto Parts) that specializes in Cadillacs that I go to a lot. The guy said he has like 50 of them all dead and working used ones are had to come by.

Looks like you might have to do something yourself or start eating cup of noodles.

I was thinking of connecting really bright ass lights, like the ones you find on those key chain lights.

-CB

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Shoot. What the heck is it with the Caddy crests? I found a '90 Fleetwood in a junkyard in great condition (the back anyway). BUT the Light up crests were destroyed by someone wanting the emblem.

·
Registered
87 Deville
630 Posts
elwesso said:
I believe the emblems are just glued to the plastic top or the metal, whichever you have......... And the emblems he took pictues of...... (see above)...... have some sort of thingy that goes dingy into the body of the car.......

Are you sure about that Wes ? :rolleyes: Well just don't get caught drinkin and drivin with your emblem all lit up or somebody from the impound lot will have a parts car! :spin:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
You mutated my post :tisk: !!! Curse you!!!! :D

Isnt post mutation against the user agreement......?

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
There are either little pins on the back of them that go through the metal to the inside of the car or a big clip that goes onto the chunk the wiring goes into. You have to get to it by taking the panel off inside the car that has the reading light. At least that's how I remember doing it on a friends old fleetwood. Wiring should be pretty easy. All you have to do is run it down into the trunk. On Chryslers anyway that kind of light isn't a normal 12volt light so if the Cadillac ones are like that too there might also be another part in the car you need. I was thinking about adding these to my Brougham but I don't want to drill any holes to do it. It would look neat tho :D

21 - 26 of 26 Posts