Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attempted to add the illuminated door handles to a non Platinum? I’m considering this if I don’t trade mine in for the 2021.

·
Registered
18 ESV Pemium &18 XT5 Premium
89 Posts
Premium and Platinum have them. I'd bet the harness is the same. Not 100% though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a Premium Luxury and I don’t have them. It’s one of the few options I don’t have.

I think they should be plug and play but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2016 ESV Platinum
147 Posts
I don't know the answer but I doubt it is plug-and-play. It almost never is with these kinds of upgrades. Even if the wiring is there, the lights may not be programmed to work (it might be something the dealer could program).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[mention]Jjguti2 [/mention] [mention]MLM [/mention] Looks like another poster did a swap and it was plug and play. The link to the thread is below:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2018 Escalade
2018 Escalade 4WD
44 Posts
I bought the handles on ebay, brand new OEM. The color is "Iridium" even though my tuck is Granite Grey metallic, same color though. Iridium is what they call it on the Denali, same thing. Two for the front ( grey pig tails, 2 for the back brown pig tails) found them in my color. Took it to my mechanic he did it. 2018 Escalade Luxury. Plug and play. Only bad thing is they do not stay lit while driving. Only upon unlock. Still sweet, but have not found a way or someone to by pass it and make them stay lit as you drive at night with headlights on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the handles on ebay, brand new OEM. The color is "Iridium" even though my tuck is Granite Grey metallic, same color though. Iridium is what they call it on the Denali, same thing. Two for the front ( grey pig tails, 2 for the back brown pig tails) found them in my color. Took it to my mechanic he did it. 2018 Escalade Luxury. Plug and play. Only bad thing is they do not stay lit while driving. Only upon unlock. Still sweet, but have not found a way or someone to by pass it and make them stay lit as you drive at night with headlights on.
I'm looking on how to keep them on while driving as well. Mine were factory with the 19 Premium. Have you had any luck figuring out how to do it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts