Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with turning your key and nothing happening... I spent about 5 mins a few times trying to start my 04 CTS... nothing happens at all... anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Could you descibe the problem you are having a little better? Is it just not cranking? Cranking but not turning over?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neoflex said:
Could you descibe the problem you are having a little better? Is it just not cranking? Cranking but not turning over?
I put the key in... turn the key... the dash lights come on... everything is normal.. but the starter never engages.... it doesn't crank at all...

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
Sounds like a neutral safety switch. Move it through the gears once, then put into park. Try it again. if that doesn't work try putting it into neutral. Also, check to see if your back-up ligts come on in reverse.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Also, check for any security warnings or the security light (if it has one) blinking. This could be related to PassKey TDS somehow since your not getting ANY crank at all. NS Switch is also a common possibility.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think i figured it out... i was turning the key too far... i just tried again... and if i turn the key all the way... it won't start... if i stop before it's turned all the way.. starts up every time... anyone else notice that?

·
Registered
Cadillac
12 Posts
Hey Junior, I've been having exactly that problem since I picked up my new '06 in April '06. It's driving me nuts and of course it always happens at the worst times. I've never tried not turning the key all the way, but will now. It's at the dealer AGAIN, and they can't figure it out. I forwarded you thread to them. Hopefully it helps. Thanks. I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts