Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
09 CTS AWD DI
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cylinder 4 is misfiring and the dealer is telling me the ignition coil will need to be replaced. This was done on cylinder 5, so I am not too surprise, but was completed under warranty. Looking around the part itself is not all expensive, but the dealer is quoting me $500 to replace it. How involved is replacing the ignition coil and what are the steps. I am very tempted to do the work myself if I have an idea of what I am getting myself into.

Appreciate the help!

·
Registered
2008 CTS4
457 Posts
The first thing I'd get is a factory service manual. The cost of that plus the part you need will still be less than the $500 the dealer wants for one repair.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6DI - FE3 and 6MT
28 Posts
I haven't done it on the Cadillac, but on my dads Tundra it took me MAYBE 5 minutes. I can't say for sure since I haven't tried, but I wouldn't imagine that its any more difficult on the CTS. Assuming there are no funky surprises about doing one on a CTS, charging $500 for one ignition coil is absolutely ridiculous

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,182 Posts
If you can, do it yourself. How many miles on your ride...maybe you want to change out your plugs, too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts