Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for poops and giggles, sometimes I go to Hoosier's website to see what they have in their discontinued line. Usually, the prices are more than %50 off.

So, if you're very serious about your track days, here's an unbelievable price on a non-DOT approved rain tire. It's on this page...

https://www.hoosiertire.com/rrtire.htm

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Stealth Gray
145 Posts
I was talking with a WRX tuner at VIR, Phil I think, and he was talking about how amazing those super sticky Hoosier rain tires are when it is wet. Funny that he was also saying that *they* only ran Hoosier slicks when they were racing for a trophy, and they used longer wearing DOT-R rubber for regular track days.

Michael

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
DAMN. $250 bucks for a SET of rain tires.

Too bad rims cost $$$$ :crybaby:

-Chris

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts
Jim,

In your experience how long do the discontinued tires usually last (i.e. when do they sell out)?

This falls into one of the spectacular deals that I won't be able to do anything with. Gak.

-Chris

·
Registered
BLK 05 CTS-V (sold) 92 Widebody NSX (current) Looking for V2
181 Posts
Jim,

In your experience how long do the discontinued tires usually last (i.e. when do they sell out)?

This falls into one of the spectacular deals that I won't be able to do anything with. Gak.

-Chris
Same questions as above :yeah:

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They usually have them for sale until they sellout. If they advertised, those suckers would be sold fast. I think every V owner could get great deals if they look often enough.

When you pay $150 per slick, run all you want.

Oh, check in the winter. I bought my Hoosiers in March and bought 8. I'm not sure when they put them up, but it's worth checking once or twice per week to get these type of deals...

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
Jim is spot on here. When a tire is discontinued, they go fast. The down side is if you ruin one or two, you are SOL unless they have some left.

I had the Hankook Z211 (discontinued) DOT-R track tire on the V. Corded the left front last week and can't get them any longer. Now I buy four new tires. The Toyo RA-1 is being replaced by the Toyo R-888 so you'll see similar price decreases soon on the RA-1. OH an the R-8888 is priced in Michelin Pilot Cup Sport country! Decisions, decisions!

Jim I'll see you at Putnam Park!

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim is spot on here. When a tire is discontinued, they go fast. The down side is if you ruin one or two, you are SOL unless they have some left.

I had the Hankook Z211 (discontinued) DOT-R track tire on the V. Corded the left front last week and can't get them any longer. Now I buy four new tires. The Toyo RA-1 is being replaced by the Toyo R-888 so you'll see similar price decreases soon on the RA-1. OH an the R-8888 is priced in Michelin Pilot Cup Sport country! Decisions, decisions!

Jim I'll see you at Putnam Park!

Feff
www.MVPTrackTime.com
Yes you will. Booyah!

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
I may have more than 40 track days on my V, but rain tires aren't on my list. If it rains, I just dance with the girl I brung (F1 GS D3s)--but only waltzes. I can throw 4 Hoosiers in the back seat for dry tracks, but there's no room for rain tires.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may have more than 40 track days on my V, but rain tires aren't on my list. If it rains, I just dance with the girl I brung (F1 GS D3s)--but only waltzes. I can throw 4 Hoosiers in the back seat for dry tracks, but there's no room for rain tires.
Sure there's room.:bouncy:

Any track days later this summer and fall?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
931 Posts
Sure there's room.:bouncy:

Any track days later this summer and fall?
Don't know where the room is. Maybe on the roof?

In any case, July 1-2 at VIR, July 21-22 at Pocono and Aug. 3 at Lime Rock. That's as far as my schedule goes now. But I'm open after that. Where are you running? For three years we talked--messaged, pm'd, e-mailed--about doing a track day together. Let me know what you're thinking.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Don't know where the room is. Maybe on the roof?

In any case, July 1-2 at VIR, July 21-22 at Pocono and Aug. 3 at Lime Rock. That's as far as my schedule goes now. But I'm open after that. Where are you running? For three years we talked--messaged, pm'd, e-mailed--about doing a track day together. Let me know what you're thinking.
Well, I've got July 18th and 21st at Grattan and 23rd at Putnam Park.

I would like to get some time at Watkins Glen and Lime Rock this year. Pocono wouldn't be bad either. And I may do a day with SCDA at NHIS too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts