Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
Looks bad ass!!

But it also looks like your fender took a bite out of the sidewall in that last pic.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
The old horseless carriages in the early 1900s had solid rubber tires and a bone jarring ride. Balloon tires were a great leap forward. Cars had a good ride and great handling as well. Now we're back to buggy wheels with just a strip of rubber in contact with the road. If you hit any kind of pothole the wheels are ruined. Every tar strip in the road rattles your teeth. There isn't one good thing you can say about the roadability of the current trend. Evidently it doesn't phase these guys one bit to advertise to the world that they're willing to sacrifice everything pleasant about driving their cars for appearance sake. Ignorance is bliss.

·
Registered
CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior
998 Posts
The old horseless carriages in the early 1900s had solid rubber tires and a bone jarring ride. Balloon tires were a great leap forward. Cars had a good ride and great handling as well. Now we're back to buggy wheels with just a strip of rubber in contact with the road. If you hit any kind of pothole the wheels are ruined. Every tar strip in the road rattles your teeth. There isn't one good thing you can say about the roadability of the current trend. Evidently it doesn't phase these guys one bit to advertise to the world that they're willing to sacrifice everything pleasant about driving their cars for appearance sake. Ignorance is bliss.
Ignorance is bliss my alaskan friend.. have you driven a CTS with 20's or 22's? Probably not, so you cant really speak on the issue.

Is ride quality sacrificed ? Yes, but only to a slight degree. It comes no where near the decription you have stated above. These are top quality rims and well-engineered tires.. They are not made of wood and are not on a model-T. Get real, RobertCTS is gone, but that doesn't mean you gotta take his role of being the "big-wheel, hater-guy."

It just makes you sound stupid, just say that you think they are too big and leave it at that.

Don't bash people for doing something different.

X

·
0 Posts
I have 20's and the ride is quite good actually...I was surprised at how good.

Koz has had this opinion since I've known him. Nothing new at all. In my opinion he made an observation on a trend. Calling Koz ignorant may be one of the most ignorant things I may have read on here. Having an opinion and voicing it is EXACTLY what this site is about. Koz, IMO has more guts to let his ideas be known and not worried about ruffling feathers. Calling Koz out will be a lesson soon learned my friend. For he is a formidable oponent to say the least..."LET THE JOUST BEGIN!"

:koz::food-snacking:

·
Registered
2013 ATS
1,059 Posts
Wheels are hot lookin', a lot to big? yeah i'd say so but its nice to see someone aside from mr.Please rollin' 22's. Im familiar with the fenders eating your sidewall, you better roll the fenders or get different rims soon. Once again, hot looking shoes man! Good luck.

·
Registered
03 Caddy CTS
1,028 Posts
dang... looks like a different ride to me, good job RB

TO: smoke IV, some ppl like 22's some ppl dont... so dont get on your horns if u dont like the comment! this is a public board and everyone has a right to express their opinion

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Thank God, the chrome pillars are gone. :alchi:

:highfive:

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
CTS is a girls car. :stirpot:

I kid, i kid.

Back to the matter of discussion: Rb, your CTS looks sick, and i mean the good kind. Probably one of the cleanest ive seen. Love the rims. Not overdone to me. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
There must be a dozen or more posts on the forum from members looking for sympathy with broken or bent big wheels that they have dropped into potholes. I tweaked a factory 17 incher in a pothole in US 101 just north of San Fransisco. I can't imagine anybody trying to drive with these cultivator wheels on the pock marked, bomb cratered, roads of the rust belt and the Northeast. When you go for looks over performance you have no squawks coming. It's all in your point of view. For me, performance and utility are important. Other people don't give a damn how bad it screws up the car as long as it looks cool. These people wouldn't be nearly as easily offended if they didn't know in their hearts that from an engineering point of view these flashy wheels are idiotic.

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V/'99 Deville Concours
200 Posts
Man, I don't know why my previous post on this did'nt make it in, but, you did that hardbody. The proportions look great. Not typical at all. They fill up the wheel well perfectly. The grille is tight ,too. never seen one like it. Where'd you cop it? Overall, you did a nice, unique job.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
Thats What The Fu*k I'm Talkin' About!!!!

lookin' good rb!!!!

can't loose w/ 22"s...

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac CTS - white diamond on 22" tis 07's
821 Posts
now, lets do something about all that orange up front!!

·
Registered
07 SRX V8 AWD Diamond White Sport Edition & 08 C6 LS3/418ci
736 Posts
She might be rolling on 22's....granted; because there's not much regard to the concept of automotive engineering, unsprung weight and even the thought of anything relating to tuning the suspension for any kind of handling on the twisties.

And even if circus sized wheel rims are just for show.....I'm just a bit curious as to whats stopping those 22's once it does get a "rolling".

I certainly hope it's not those 11.90" factory rotors with dual pistons that were engineered for a rotating mass closer to 17 or 18 inches.

And again, even if it's all about appearance which is fine and all a matter of personal taste; I never quite understood why someone would spend a grand or more for a "Look At Me 24" open spoke wheel rim and then stick a $75.00 bicycle sized rotor behind the damn thing.

I don't know, but it sort of "sticks out" like wearing a pair of brown shoes with a black tuxedo sometimes.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.