Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am kicking around ordering a new '10 in lieu of trying to find a '09, and I really don't use or planning on using navigation, plus I have heard that they are not the best. I know that the ones on the new vettes flatly suck. Under those circumstances, would you or would not order Navigation. I bothers me to shell out $2K+ on something that does not work well and I do not plan on using it anyway. Any comments good, bad, or indifferent would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Sedan, Vector Blue/Black, 6MT
1,001 Posts
The Nav in the CTS is generally regarded as one of the best, unlike the Corvette, which seems to be one of the worst. Whether you need it is another matter. Where I live it is very helpful, because my city is so spread out, and shorter and quicker routes are always appreciated. Also, our traffic is terrible, so the traffic info and detour ability is very handy and saves me a lot of time. If you have no such issues and don't intend to use it, don't spend the money. Remember, the car also comes with Onstar turn by turn, which is really a Nav system, and costs $100-200 per year .

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 Loaded
328 Posts
The nav unit in my wife's 08 CTS is real nice, it works well, she likes it. This is the only nav unit we have experience with, so no real comparisons. I hope to get a 2010 CTS-V, and yes I want the navigation please.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T
3,085 Posts
The navigation is worth it because it'll help you ALOT if you ever want to sell it. 60k car and no nave ?? not appealing

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...
381 Posts
The navigation is worth it because it'll help you ALOT if you ever want to sell it. 60k car and no nave ?? not appealing
X2. Also, this is probably one of the better if not best OEM Navs I've seen. The only thing missing in my opinion is backup camera.

Lastly, it's not just the nav but the upgraded audio system.

I'd say do it. In fact I turned down a great deal on an almost perfect local V because it had no NAV.

·
Registered
09 CTS V
26 Posts
When I ordered my 09V I did not get nav. or sunroof. I am definitely glad I chose not to add those two options. No sunroof pops or noises, and I do not need a nav. Its my understanding there is no diff. in the sound systems, speakers etc, without the nav. As far as trying to sell a 60,000 car later on without a nav. only time will tell. Was not worth it to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have 3 cars, all with NAV. A Mustang, a Lincoln MKS and a CTS-V. The NAV in the CTS-V rivals the one in the Lincoln which is the best NAV system I have ever seen It is the Ford SYNC system. The cadillac NAV is also excellent. However, if you don't need NAV, the turn by turn onstar will get you out of a pinch perfectly fine. Save the money.

·
Registered
2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)
580 Posts
I liked it on my 05 ctsv, then loved it on my 07 stsv. i love navigation period!!and think the factory version looks alot better than the ones that are not,even though you might use it once in a while, its well worth it!!

·
Registered
'09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do regret the sunroof thats for sure !
Regret having it or not having it?
The showroom new '09 black CTS-V that i looked at yesterday had the sunroof and I noticed that it seemed to be sport of divided into 2 sections, 1 forward & 1 rear. (on the top of the car). I noticed that the front piece did not sit down flush on either side and on one side, don't remember if it was driver side or not, sat about .1 above the basic roof line of the car while the other side sat above the basic roof line of the car a little less. It did bother me cosmetically for a $ 66K car. (No recaros, no suede). Anybody notice this less than perfect aesthetic issue?

·
Registered
300 Posts
i love the sunroof and nav. but i hate the sunroof with every pop with the flex of the car on every turn. love hate relationship. love the nav though. shit spend 60k and put a nuvi garmin on the windshiled.. no thanks.

ab

·
Registered
2005 STS V8
522 Posts
I haven't likeed the nav on any of the cars that I've had it in...for the nav feature. I find it harder to use than just doing a mapquest to find out your destionation. That being said, I would order it for the looks and the features it adds to the audio system (radio station numbers are displayed in the touch screen).

·
Registered
Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver
867 Posts
I haven't likeed the nav on any of the cars that I've had it in...for the nav feature. I find it harder to use than just doing a mapquest to find out your destionation. That being said, I would order it for the looks and the features it adds to the audio system (radio station numbers are displayed in the touch screen).

Actually, I have read some place you can use MapQUEST on the V Nav system..

Just press the OnStar ask for a "Destination Download"
to any place, by name or by address, motels, food joints, any place, they will down load the information straight to the Nav screen..... they even supply the phone number so you can call ahead for what ever purpose. I'd used it and asked OnStar to locate a Crackere Barrell so many miles away on my route thee use the " Download Destination" to take me on the side trip they the system goes back to your orginal route...

easy

·
Registered
867 Posts
just for those that never heard of the MapQuest & OnStar ability....

Just used the MapQuest to download a destination to the Nav system in the V on my computer..... easy all you need is your OnStar account number and your zip code..... got my OnStar card in pocket and that was that.... easy as pie, even a M5 owner can do it....

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
I'd order the built in navi again even though it has a few quirks. It has a lot of great features. It's not quite as user-friendly as my Acura system (Honda/Acura systems are tops in user interface/ease of use) but it'll work. The 3D feature is cool and the graphics for NavTraffic are easy on the eyes, too.

·
Premium Member
2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual
1,371 Posts
i love the sunroof and nav. but i hate the sunroof with every pop with the flex of the car on every turn. love hate relationship. love the nav though. shit spend 60k and put a nuvi garmin on the windshiled.. no thanks.

ab
I have the sun-roof and it works great, and makes no noises at all when operating or while driving, (except for normal humming sound of the motor). For those who's sun-roof is not aligned properly or makes irritating noises while operating or driving, I would recommend that you take it to the dealer and insist that they make it right, because, "pop", etc. type noises while operating and/or driving are simply NOT normal. Get it fixed under warranty!

Rob

·
Registered
867 Posts
I'd order the built in navi again even though it has a few quirks. It has a lot of great features. It's not quite as user-friendly as my Acura system (Honda/Acura systems are tops in user interface/ease of use) but it'll work. The 3D feature is cool and the graphics for NavTraffic are easy on the eyes, too.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
how much time have you spent with the 2009 V Nav system ?

Looks fantastic and works great, but that is "my" observations

beats other in ease of use, for sure

·
Registered
09 CTS-V
365 Posts
I think the Nav system is great. I like the 3D look, traffic info, weather info and the ease of use.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
92 Posts
I wouldn't get the car without the Nav. It's a great system and I like the link with OnStar as it is damn easy to use. Screen resolution is great and I love the sound system that is hooked to it.

·
Registered
09 V Sedan, 2012 V sedan
282 Posts
I've had GPS units for both boat and car since 85. This is the best one I have seen since my Garmin.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts