Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
XTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 XTS Platnum. I have been in conversation with GM and the Dealership for over 6
months for the following problems and even spent a full day at the dealership.
1 My phone connects to CUE 4 out of every 5 times but the address book won't load. GM says my
phone (2014 Samsung flip) is not compatable even though my 2011 PanTech flip phone worked
great with "Ford Sync" every time and my Bluetooth vers is 4 on this phone.
2.My dash display "CUE controlled" changes my selected display over 50% of the time when the
vehicle is started again. GM won't even address that problem.
3 At times there is no audio from the radio "once again CUE controlled" unless I shut off vehicle
open drivers door and restart vehicle. GM won't address that either.

In short purchasing a Cadillac used to be a step above other vehicles HOWEVER my advice is if
you want a trouble free High Tech system and no agravation buy a Lincoln with a SYNC system.
Ford sent out a revision 2013 that corrected all their problems and I never had a problem again.
Ford also sends the customer the revisions so THEY DON'T HAVE TO WASTE THEIR TIME AT THE
DEALERSHIP GETTING THE REVISIONS IF THEY OFFER AT ALL. Needless to say I drive my Lincoln
9 out of 10 times with NO AGRAVATION.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
I'm just curious why you said you drive your Lincoln without aggravation "9 out of 10 times"...

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,696 Posts
Welcome to your new Android. Apple OS is hit or miss.

12,778 Posts
I have a 2014 XTS Platnum. I have been in conversation with GM and the Dealership for over 6
1 My phone connects to CUE 4 out of every 5 times but the address book won't load. GM says my
phone (2014 Samsung flip) is not compatable even though my 2011 PanTech flip phone worked
2.My dash display "CUE controlled" changes my selected display over 50% of the time when the
3 At times there is no audio from the radio "once again CUE controlled" unless I shut off vehicle

In short purchasing a Cadillac used to be a step above other vehicles HOWEVER my advice is if
you want a trouble free High Tech system and no agravation buy a Lincoln with a SYNC system.
Ford sent out a revision 2013 that corrected all their problems and I never had a problem again.
Ford also sends the customer the revisions so THEY DON'T HAVE TO WASTE THEIR TIME AT THE
DEALERSHIP GETTING THE REVISIONS IF THEY OFFER AT ALL. Needless to say I drive my Lincoln
9 out of 10 times with NO AGRAVATION.
Hi rampartone,

I apologize for what you've experienced with your XTS and understand how displeasing it can be to have phone connectivity issues. I see that you previously had a case with one of our agents (Case #71-1469901663) and they spoke with your dealer about this concern. If you would like, please send us a private message and we'd be happy to continue this discussion there.

Best,
Vivian K.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
173 Posts
Your issues sound very frustrating, and I can understand that. However, I have an iPhone 5 (iOS 8.3, and old phone because it fits so nicely in the cradle! But that will end soon, unfortunately, with an iPhone 6), and everything works flawlessly, all the time. I can even listen to/send texts by either pushing the phone's home button, or saying "Hey Seri" with the phone plugged in. Hope your issues are resolved. I'd consider a newer phone.

·
Registered
2013 XTS-4 Premium
185 Posts
Wow! CUE may not be perfect, but some of your problems do not seem CUE related, so much as specific to your vehicle.
I can't comment on your point#1, but points #2 and #3 have never occurred in my vehicle. I suggest you ignore the so-called Cadillac Customer Service input, above, and just harass the hell out of the dealership, etc.
"GM won't address this" is un-acceptable, please don't give in - the XTS really is a great vehicle once sorted out, despite the CUE (a.k.a. Clueless Unfinished Experiment) Hopefully they improve it soon, especially on the CT6. Otherwise your remarks about the (gasp) Lincoln may become more popular!

·
Registered
XTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can use my phone address book while driving with Sync "voice" instead of having to handle my cell phone to search for numbers.
I don't have my dash display changing half the time I start the vehicle, Sync display stays where I set it.

----------

My Samsung is a 2014, I don't text or e-mail so I don't want a I-phone just plain cell phone connection.

----------

I can use my phone address book while driving with Sync "voice" instead of having to handle my cell phone to search for numbers.
I don't have my dash display changing half the time I start the vehicle, Sync display stays where I set it.

·
Registered
2013 XTS-4 Premium
185 Posts
I'm confused, in #1 you say
then in #7,
"I can use my phone address book while driving with Sync "voice" instead of having to handle my cell phone to search for numbers.
My Samsung is a 2014, I don't text or e-mail so I don't want a I-phone just plain cell phone connection. "
So what is the problem?

·
Registered
XTS
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Both Sync and Cue are supposed to operate basically the same. With Sync my phone connects every time and the address
book loads in Sync every time, I can make hands free phone calls using voice commands. With CUE my phone connects 4 out of 5
times BUT the address book will NOT load in CUE because of this I cannot make hands free voice command calls unless I know the
number off the top of my head, I have to resort to using my phone address book which means I cannot call hands free
unless I know the number from memory. Sync my dashboard display never changes what it is displaying unless I change
it, CUE the dashboard display changes it's self half of the time and I have to change it back to what I want it to display. Like I said
I do not want a I-pad which according to GM is the only type phone that will operate with CUE for connecting and down
loading address book.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts