Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  c5 rv 
#1 ·
I like driving my 03 CTS, but I'm getting rid of it. Its been terribly unreliable. Just got finished replacing the crankshaft sensor at 90k miles and I see that the left rear axle seal is leaking (replaced the right rear seal under warranty at 30k miles). Have replaced the air cond. comp., the variable steering adjust solenoid, and the PCV valve system.

So my question is, what car would be comparable to a CTS but that isn't made by Cadillac?

#3 ·
if i was to get a sedan after the CTS, (not made by cadi), i'd probably consider the audi s4, charger srt8, bmw 5 series (stretch :) )

#5 ·
Its not even a matter of it being a lemon imo, the car has 90k+ miles on it, parts dont last forever and as the car ages more and more will need to be replaced, its only natural. I have an 03 with under 60k on it so you must be driving the sh!t out that car, even more reason for parts to start failing.

#6 ·
If not a Caddy, I'd probably look very hard at a Maxima. That's a lot of car for the money. That being said, I'd rather have the '08 CTS...YAY!!! :LittleB:

#7 ·
I'd probably look very hard at a Maxima. ... That being said, I'd rather have the '08 CTS...YAY!!! :LittleB:

arent they the same :confused:

#11 ·
Actually, I wouldn't have another car...but the OP was asking about cars. My next vehicle will likely be another pickup truck. :lol: No way in hell would I ever buy a Chrysler product. NFW. :tisk:

#15 ·
Say what you will, and i know you will, my girl just got a X-type Jag. Aside from it being smaller and a little less comforable, i like it alot. Almost got one while searchin' for my next car. X-type, C-class, 3-series and A-4's all the same price give or take. Glad i got my Caddy, but the others offer there own positives.

#16 ·
Those god-darn 335i / 535i. 300+, twin-turbo charged, inline sixes are friggin' rockets on the road.

If you don't believe me, test drive one. I was never a fan of the standard BMW line (always loved the M3, M5), but this new engine is really solid.

If I can get ahold of the funds, I would be in a 535i twin-turbo anyday.

#22 ·
Those god-darn 335i / 535i. 300+, twin-turbo charged, inline sixes are friggin' rockets on the road.

If you don't believe me, test drive one. I was never a fan of the standard BMW line (always loved the M3, M5), but this new engine is really solid.

If I can get ahold of the funds, I would be in a 535i twin-turbo anyday.

When did BMW announce that it was going to put in the 335's turbo into a 535? Did I miss that? It would make no sense to me since it would compete with the 550 in terms of performance.

To answer your question, probably the 300 C hemi is what I would get, staying in the same price range of course.

#20 ·
3 Series.

#23 ·
I wouldn't judge all CTSs based on your 03 experience. As the first year of the car, it was buggy. My 04 had almost no problems for the 47K I owned it. I wouldn't buy an 08, but an 07 sports edition would be a great car.

Also, check out the STS, it's a nice step up from the CTS and everything is still familiar.

Other worthy candidates:

- Buick LaCrosse CXS: very comfortable car with the 3.6 engine. The only drawback is that it's FWD, but it doesn't exhibit a lot of torque steer.

- Lincoln MKZ: This is what I leased this winter when looking for an AWD lux sedan. Same size as the CTS, but more trunk and rear seat legroom. Available with cooled seats and all the options are ala carte - you don't have to buy expensive trim levels that Cadillac is so fond of.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.