Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS4, Performance Collection, NAV, AWD
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i'm hoping that it doesn't come down to this, but IF i can't afford a new 08 cts then what of the cars that i list do you guys would think would be best.. i really really hope i can afford the cts, bc i really love cadillac and i really wanna stay with an american brand but if i can't afford it, my other options are::

'07/'08 Infiniti G35X
'07/'08 Audi A4 2.0T quattro
'07/'08 Lexus IS250AWD

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
You're spoofing, right?

If you can afford the models you mention, odds are pretty good that you'll be able to afford the CTS - shouldn't be that much difference in price. Just lighten up on the options a bit & you should come in under the wire.

All three alternatives are good cars - having owned several Audis (currently have a 2006 A8L in addition to CTS), I'm partial to the A4. But...shoot for the CTS!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can actually get a fully loaded g35x with navi for like $39,000.. audi is about the same (those are my two front-runners out of the three) but a fully loaded cts is pushing about $46,500 for what i want.. i'm only 22, i'm still in school i'm not sure i can afford that.. i mean right now i drive an '04 CTS and that was about $44,000, but i'm not sure how much more a month an '08 is gonna push me :confused:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ps, my only issue with the audi is that it's only 200 horses.. i have the 3.6 in my cts, so that's stepping down

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
Yes, it's only 200 hp, but is does have direct port injection & they've done a pretty good job of matching the turbo to the characteristics of the engine & the 6spd auto. All in all a well balanced little car...and it is a bit small when compared to the CTS or the Infiniti. That factor would concern me personally more than the 2.0 ltr engine.

Ah, I'd still try to swing the Caddie - or it might be a good idea to wait a bit longer since you're still in school. Zeroing out the pocketbook is no fun when still a student - you need a bit of spare change to be able to afford to kick back & have some fun from time to time.

I'm sure there are plenty of good miles remaining in the '04.

For what it's worth... Good luck...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6
281 Posts
guy i work with has a g35, go for that one. It has good handling and extra added pep, only drawback is that the coupe version is tiny as sh*t. hope your not a big dude, im 6'4" and barely fit in that thing, would not be able to drive it. but choice #1 should be the CTS

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the cts is no doubt my number one choice.. the only reason i want to get rid of my car is because it doesn't have all wheel drive. im a big skiier and i would like to just to be able to just take my car and drive up to vermont whenever i want, anyone who has ever tried to drive the current cts in the snow knows it's not a very nice thing to do lol. i'm only 5'7' so i dont have issues with being too big for the car.. i actually dont mind the fact that the audi is smaller, cause like i said i'm not a big guy lol..

suprisingly i still have money to pretty much do whatever i want.. i guess that's the good thing about selling drugs.. lol jk (every single person that sees my car asks if i sell drugs.. i guess it's the whole 22 year old with a white caddy with black rims? lol)

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
I say if you cant get the 08 CTS just go with a left over 07. Im sure you can get them very cheap now and save a bunch also.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 3.6L Y43 Hotchkis Stage-1TVS-totaled, 13 Subaru WRX
3,518 Posts
I like the old infinity body better than the new in the coupe, 4 door is cool this generation.
Can't do Audi my liquor bottles hold more than that engine :alchi:
Is Lexus ever going to release the IS with the inline 6 cyl???

Shit, I hope u can afford the 08 CTS cus i dont know if i would do any of those choices as is.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I say if you cant get the 08 CTS just go with a left over 07. Im sure you can get them very cheap now and save a bunch also.:thumbsup:
i'm not gonna spend money to get an 07 when i have an 04 and it really hasn't changed all that much in 3 years

dam, i wish i could afford an escalade lol

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
now i'm hoping that it doesn't come down to this, but IF i can't afford a new 08 cts then what of the cars that i list do you guys would think would be best.. i really really hope i can afford the cts, bc i really love cadillac and i really wanna stay with an american brand but if i can't afford it, my other options are::

'07/'08 Infiniti G35X
'07/'08 Audi A4 2.0T quattro
'07/'08 Lexus IS250AWD

CTS V FTW used 25k

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if the cts-v had all wheel drive i'd be all for it..

but i want something with all wheel drive!

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Find a used 2007 CTS with 5k miles on it. Not as good looking as 08 model, but easily affordable if you negotiate.

How about a red 2002 Corvette Z06 with about 2,500 miles on it (not a typo). Friend of mine is selling it. He has had about 4 or 5 of these. When he sold his 99 Vette, it had 2,900 miles on it. I have driven it. Super car. Not a parking lot chip on it. Car is in San Antonio. $31,500. Owner is extremely anal. I sold him a shop manual for this car, and he called me back complaining that some of the pages had dog ears. (He buys a shop manual for all of his cars. You can reach seller (Gene) at 210-490-3367.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
guys, not to sound like a dick, but for the third time, why would i get an 07 when i have an 04 already? anndddddd i want an 08 cts because i want all wheel drive

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol thanks..

i may be forced to get a truck, my mom actually has a trailblazer.. the SS eats gas like crazy so that's outta the question..
maybe a jeep.. but i kinda want a car

1 - 20 of 20 Posts