Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
01 Eldo ETC, 02 Deville SOLD!
1,815 Posts
Now THAT's an interesting use of technology.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Awesome, but that can't be safe. The Beetle was deemed unsafe to begin with. It's basically a death trap from the word go. Why on earth would you make capable of going any faster than it already can.

On the other side it's very cool that it was that carefully done and with precision engineering.

·
Registered
1996 Fleetwood Brougham, 1988 Fleetwood Brougham
330 Posts
You need to check your ratings again, the New beetle is one of the safer cars on the road, the old beetle was not very safe, reason it is not sold here anymore

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,586 Posts
Nothing like a screaming jet engine intake just over your right shoulder.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I'm guessing the steel mesh over the intake is there to prevent your arms and legs from being sucked in during hard acceleration.

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
When you say 'old' do you mean original 60' 70' or early redesign?

I withdraw my statement. I could swear I read somewhere early on that these things were almost banned do to safety issues. I remember laughing and saying 'geez I wonder why?'

I was just looking around and according to the government they fare very well in the government crash tests. I apologise

Eric Kahn said:
You need to check your ratings again, the New beetle is one of the safer cars on the road, the old beetle was not very safe, reason it is not sold here anymore

·
Registered
2005 DeVille
1,043 Posts
codewize said:
Why on earth would you make capable of going any faster than it already can.
Because! That is why! My model isn't as neat as this car but I've got a 1/24 scale '66 Beetle model I built last year. I added a turbo and intercooler. All the correct tubing, intake, pligs and wires, etc. It is even all wheel drive. It rolls on Porsche Futch wheels from a 930 Turbo kit, too. I dig old Beetles but not the new ones. I'd love to have a real Beetle to match my model.

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
James wants one!

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if that guy is going to show up in one of those new VW commercials.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
HITMONEY said:
His Beetle is a fricken Volvo of safetycompared to his Vespa....
That is actually a cool Vespa. :worship: Rolex can't believe he actually said those words. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts