Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering
i have another post on the fuel rail not getting ruel

but this is something els thought maybe would get attention with a different subject on this

for a one or two of the times i tried to star the car it said theft system something on the msg center didn't get it each time forgot what the rest of it said
but in our Seville's

if the theft system was active would that be causing my issue

i though the theft system active meant no crank
but for the Seville does it mean it wills till crank and try to turn over just no fuel because it shuts the pump down ?

or would i be looking at something totally different

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
As far as I can tell from the schematic diagrams, the starter control circuit is disabled when the PK3 system is not happy. The fuel pump circuit is not affected.

Since you ran the pump dry, you can only hope you popped the 20A F/PMP fuse in the underseat fuse box. Or possibly burned the contacts on the F/PMP relay in the same box.

Otherwise, if you cannot hear the pump running for a few seconds everytime you turn the key to ON, you have fried the pump motor (by running it dry).

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I can tell from the schematic diagrams, the starter control circuit is disabled when the PK3 system is not happy. The fuel pump circuit is not affected.

Since you ran the pump dry, you can only hope you popped the 20A F/PMP fuse in the underseat fuse box. Or possibly burned the contacts on the F/PMP relay in the same box.

Otherwise, if you cannot hear the pump running for a few seconds everytime you turn the key to ON, you have fried the pump motor (by running it dry).

I told my mom not to take the care but she just couldnt listen to me
and she drove about 50 miles thismronig then brought it home
and then i took it out and it did this darn

i was just looking the codes up that i was getting here they are

B1009 - EEPROM Checksum Error History
B1652 - Loss of Keep Alive Memory (KAM) History
B1009 - EEPROM Checksum Error Current
B1327 - Vehicle system voltage below 9.0 volts Current even when jumping doesnt help but it does raise up to 13.6 when hooked to the other car
B2734 - Coded Key Controller Memory Failure Current
U1096 - Loss of Communications with IPC Current
P0340 - Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit Current

so far none of these codes seem to indicate the fuel pump being bad

I don't know where the owner manual is i think it got lost somewhere in boxes

do you know what fues number it would be i get its 20amp but what number is it that i should look for in the fues box
thanks

·
Registered
'98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)
4,854 Posts
There is a fuse/relay location road map on the bottom surface of the fuse box cover.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There is a fuse/relay location road map on the bottom surface of the fuse box cover.
just went out and checked that it was fuse number 1 easy find
thanks
the fuse did not look cracked or burn but i replaced it anyways with one of the spares that looked good also

went to crank and batter is so low that it says Batter voltage low then after that it says service air bag then after that is says Speed Limited to 90
would these be cause djust because of the batter being so low at the moment
?

i have to wait till mom gets back with her car to jump it
there is 5 inchs of snow if not more infront of the garage and driveway and plow has no come so i cant pull out one of the cars to jump it off of
so then ill know if that was the issue if not then im going to just take a break and hope that its just watter frozen in the fuel line and tomorrow its suposed to be in the 40s and sunday the 50s so by then if that is the problem it will be melted
also got a bottle of heat pured in the tank
but if thats not the issue then back to AAA and off to the mechanic on monday shoot

atleast if its the pump i can pick up the airtex packaged delphi number one that sub told about on rock auto for like 87 bucks i think
then my mechanic will just charge me 75 an hour for the labor and if thats the issue thats the issue if not well he wont even say thats the problem till he knows for sure

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but what is with all the other codes that popped up are those just because the battery was drained and was having trouble starting that it triped up those codes and they will go away ones the car starts ? cause i know they where not there yesterday

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also if i did damage to the fuel pump and burnt it up or somethign to the relay or fuse couldnt i have got a code for that problem ?
so far havent seen any codes pertaining to the fuel pump or any of the fuel components

1 - 7 of 7 Posts