Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2017 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT, 2004 XLR
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If the CT6 were to continue, and you were to design the next generation version, what would you add or subtract from the existing version(s)? For the Blackwing I would have two additional versions which I call the CT6 Blackwing Elysium and the CT6 Blackwing Cerberus.

In addition to the existing features on the 2020 CT6 Blackwing the Elysium would have:

Elysium:
-Soft close doors (all doors)
-Heated and cooled rear seats
-Updated Supercruise that drives the car completely
-Hardtop convertible that still has the two sunroofs
-797 horsepower and 707 lb-ft of torque.
-Doors that are a little more substantial. The existing doors seem too light.
-LED lights on the roof of the trunk in addition to the floor lights
-LED backup/reverse lights
-Heated and chilled cup holders in the front and back seats
-Some ability (not clear how much) to run on electricity for a short period
-0-60 performance in 3.4 seconds
-Styling cues from the Elmirj and possibly Ciel
-Night vision that was larger and projected onto the windshield in a way that was not obstructive so people would not have to look down at the instrument cluster to see it.
-Messaging rear seats
-Doors that opened automatically
-Car can park itself without the driver

In addition to the existing features on the 2020 CT6 Blackwing the Cerberus would have:

-Manual Transmission
-Updated Supercruise that drives the car completely (This would have to be a new version that would operate a manual)
-840 horsepower and 770 lb-ft of torque.
-0-60 performance in 2.1 seconds
-Performance enhancing spoiler
-Night vision that was larger and projected onto the windshield in a way that was not obstructive so people would not have to look down at the instrument cluster to see it.

What would you add or subtract to the next generation CT6?

·
Registered
2018 CT6
82 Posts
If you are limiting this discussion to just the Blackwing, why not put it in the V forum for the CT6. But for just the run of the mill CT6, there is only one thing I would put back on the list. The 3.0TT fully engaged not the crippled version they are putting in the CT5. I really don't need a 700 HP engine as I do not enjoy taking my car to the drag strip. The Super Cruise is a nice feature but when I get in a car, I like to drive. Every once in a while I will throw the car into Manual and play with the paddles just to try and remember what it was like to drive a four-speed.

·
Registered
'19 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT
501 Posts
My car already has a couple of things you mention, Heated, cooled and massaging rear seats. Plus they recline.

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,021 Posts
My car already has a couple of things you mention, Heated, cooled and massaging rear seats. Plus they recline.
Seems Caddy removed a lot of your cool features on the new models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Eldo ETC,98 STS,04 SRX N*,06 STS N*,14 CTS VSport Premium, 17 CTS Vsport Prem Lux
1,021 Posts
Not really, the Platinum has always had rear seats like that, 2020 still has it.
Yeah but you have to pony up $100k for a platinum. Can’t get the rear seat goodies in Prem Lux trim for $75k.

·
Registered
CTS4
23 Posts
Nice to fantasize about everything we would like in our next generation CT6. But unfortunately Cadillac is cutting us off.

·
Registered
150 Posts
It’s so depressing that they aren’t making another flagship ice sedan. I mean the only shot we have down the road is an super expensive ev? Ugh.

·
Registered
2017 CT6 Platinum 3.0TT, 2004 XLR
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Everyone, I also added to the CT6 Blackwing Elysium that the doors would open automatically and the car could park itself without the driver. Similarly, in the CT6 Blackwing Cerberus I just added that the car would park itself without the driver.

I know that GM has said they are going away from big sedans. However, I believe that if there is the demand they will listen. All of the automakers are going away from the big sedans to SUV's because there is a larger profit margin in them and Corporate Average Fuel Economy CAFE standards have been relaxed. If enough people want cars and if the CAFE standards are re-initialized maybe the large sedans will come back. Also, I know GM is keeping the Corvette and the Camaro (for now) because they still sell well. GM has even priced the Corvette at $60K because I think that they hope to get volume sales. I hope that it works for them, and that maybe they might make a version of the Corvette for the Cadillac brand. The demographic poll in this forum shows that the CT6 appeals to people 46 and up with the majority of people being over 66. If the CT6 had even more horsepower and torque as well as led the industry in technology then maybe it would sell better to lower age groups. Chrysler is keeping their Challenger because it car sells well and has many variants. Perhaps Cadillac needs to do that with the CT6.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If the CT6 were to continue, and you were to design the next generation version, what would you add or subtract from the existing version(s)? For the Blackwing I would have two additional versions which I call the CT6 Blackwing Elysium and the CT6 Blackwing Cerberus.

In addition to the existing features on the 2020 CT6 Blackwing the Elysium would have:

Elysium:
-Messaging rear seats

In addition to the existing features on the 2020 CT6 Blackwing the Cerberus would have:

-Manual Transmission
-Updated Supercruise that drives the car completely (This would have to be a new version that would operate a manual)

Definitely heads-up display, gull wing doors would be nice, run-flat tires, a switch to control whether the exhaust is muted or loud, I switch to lower the suspension by 1-2 in

·
Registered
20 Posts

Elysium:
-Messaging rear seats

-Manual Transmission

I would teach all of the dealerships how to operate the various features and functions so that they could become competent and showing customers how to do so. Right now they are completely incompetent. I would also teach the maintenance department at the Cadillac dealerships how to work on the various software systems, and also how to use the diagnostic tools, so that they are not completely ignorant and inept as they are today. A direct quote from my dealer, “ Cadillac put the most advanced automobile they’ve ever manufactured out on the market, with absolutely no training for any of our people. We have no idea how to do any type of maintenance on this car other than standard mechanical stuff.“

I would also get some district and regional managers who actually care about customers.

·
Registered
'11 Escalade Premium
1 Posts
I would teach all of the dealerships how to operate the various features and functions so that they could become competent and showing customers how to do so. Right now they are completely incompetent. I would also teach the maintenance department at the Cadillac dealerships how to work on the various software systems, and also how to use the diagnostic tools, so that they are not completely ignorant and inept as they are today. A direct quote from my dealer, “ Cadillac put the most advanced automobile they’ve ever manufactured out on the market, with absolutely no training for any of our people. We have no idea how to do any type of maintenance on this car other than standard mechanical stuff.“

I would also get some district and regional managers who actually care about customers.
So what you’re saying is when you spend $70-$100K on a Cadillac that an equivalent experience should follow through ownership after purchase when going in for service at the dealership; In the lobby, in the service dept., in speaking to the sales people, in speaking to the technicians.

Cadillac: Wait. So in order to compete with the Europeans all we have to do is design cars that are less edgy, less aggressive, and that look like existing sedans from other manufacturers in the global luxury car market and we can try to charge $70-$100K and not change anything else? Awesome yeah let’s do that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So what you’re saying is when you spend $70-$100K on a Cadillac that an equivalent experience should follow through ownership after purchase when going in for service at the dealership; In the lobby, in the service dept., in speaking to the sales people, in speaking to the technicians.

Cadillac: Wait. So in order to compete with the Europeans all we have to do is design cars that are less edgy, less aggressive, and that look like existing sedans from other manufacturers in the global luxury car market and we can try to charge $70-$100K and not change anything else? Awesome yeah let’s do that.
I’m really enamored of my CT6 in many ways. But Cadillac has fallen so short in terms of support after the sale, dealership expertise, and even widespread supercruise satellite outages for hours and hours and hours across the United States, that it’s hard to stay enamored. This is truly a company that at its deepest core values is inept, and unable to execute, even when they have a competitive advantage such as Supercruise. they change headquarter locations, they change presidents, and you have Supercruise leaders like Mario Maiorana Who, in my opinion, do not care at all about the customer experience.

·
Registered
2016 3.0 TT CT6 Platinum
43 Posts
I can't wait to see some of the options and features on the new EV Celestiq super sedan... I wonder how Cadillac will treat customers who shell out 200k?

·
Registered
2015 XTS Platinum VSport
20 Posts
Best to reduce the price by $25k. Blackwing or not, it ain't worth $100k.
The ELR wasn't worth $75k either, and look what happened to that.
Another thing that would be nice is to get someone to pick better colors for our cars. All we're getting are colors for womens clothing.
Black, White, or some shade of Gray in between, is not very exciting, or even interesting. Red is OK, but it's like waving a red cape in front of a bull, and that ultimately draws the wrong kind of attention.
With all of the colors that are available, why is it that all we get are white, black, gray and red? Pathetic. And while I'm at it...give us the option of deleteing the glass roof altogether. I had a Buick Lacrosse with an all steel roof, and it was the quietest car I've ever owned. It was also warner in the winter, cooler in the summer.
And without a doubt, get rid of that damned CUE. That's absolutely the worst way to comumicate with your car. Always having to take yours eyes off the road to make sure you're tapping the right spot on the screen is dangerous. As an example just look at people who are walking and texting at the same time. There's all sorts of videos on YouTube showing them running into things, tripping over stuff, falling down, ect.
Genesis did it right. Take them as an example.
OK. Done with the rant.
Cadillac didn't listen to me when I warned them about pricing the ELR, and I'm not holding my breath thinking they will read any of these ideas either. Can't wait for my G90 to come in. So long Cadillac. It hasn't been fun, and I'm glad I won't have to put up with disappointment much longer.

·
Registered
2006 dts,past03whitediamondsevillests-someday will have another seville/eldorado
168 Posts
An na v8. Doubt that will happen anymore unless maybe a charger and for the time being anyway.

Real chrome wheels like my dts or the 17s on the seville.

Get rid of the driver assist packages that promote poor driving. When i get a car, i get it because i like to drive. Going to massively increase the cost of ownership for owners number 2 and 3. I do appreciate my parking sensors thou.

Supercruise to me is unnecessary-I buy the car to drive it. Ridiculously expensive to repair if/when. Only thing it would be good for would be to drive you home after a few drinks but sure it don't matter if it were to be advanced enough to be totally self driving, you still wouldn't be able to do that

·
Registered
150 Posts
Best to reduce the price by $25k. Blackwing or not, it ain't worth $100k.
The ELR wasn't worth $75k either, and look what happened to that.
Another thing that would be nice is to get someone to pick better colors for our cars. All we're getting are colors for womens clothing.
Black, White, or some shade of Gray in between, is not very exciting, or even interesting. Red is OK, but it's like waving a red cape in front of a bull, and that ultimately draws the wrong kind of attention.
With all of the colors that are available, why is it that all we get are white, black, gray and red? Pathetic. And while I'm at it...give us the option of deleteing the glass roof altogether. I had a Buick Lacrosse with an all steel roof, and it was the quietest car I've ever owned. It was also warner in the winter, cooler in the summer.
And without a doubt, get rid of that damned CUE. That's absolutely the worst way to comumicate with your car. Always having to take yours eyes off the road to make sure you're tapping the right spot on the screen is dangerous. As an example just look at people who are walking and texting at the same time. There's all sorts of videos on YouTube showing them running into things, tripping over stuff, falling down, ect.
Genesis did it right. Take them as an example.
OK. Done with the rant.
Cadillac didn't listen to me when I warned them about pricing the ELR, and I'm not holding my breath thinking they will read any of these ideas either. Can't wait for my G90 to come in. So long Cadillac. It hasn't been fun, and I'm glad I won't have to put up with disappointment much longer.
There’s nothing wrong with cue. I’ve used the German’s infotainment systems and they ate hardly the be al end all either. Anything you do on those systems requires to to look at the screen some what. Cadillac isn’t alone here.

Enjoy your new Hyundai. I’ll enjoy my Cadillac. I buy American sorry.

·
Registered
2019 CT6 Platinum
84 Posts
This I can say for sure....I could not live without SuperCruise in my next car. I find long haul trips are far more relaxing. I also believe it adds a measure of safety. I feel I have a better overall perspective of what is happening around the car since my attention is not necessarily focused on what is immediately in front of me. The facial monitoring camera also ensures my attentiveness.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts