Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
whats this i hear that no one bought the oil that was relesed from the stratgegic reserves ???? was there no shortage last time ????

so it is just refineing capability

side note , brett , bastards in land o lakes already ran 2 of our stations dry ...bastards are already hordeing ...

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I can ask this question HERE and not have a monkey jump on my back, but what do you think about IRAN and CUBA offering help from Katrina?? They did. Iran offered to open more oil production and send medical doctors, supplies, etc. and Cuba offered to send much needed doctors, etc. and Bush turned them down!!!!

Do you think Bush should take flak for that, or was it "the right thing to do?"

I know, I ask tough questions, but life is tough, LOL. :cool2:

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
remeber its a politcal game ....theyll send us stuff sure ...but what do they think there entitiled to in return .....you know cubas gonna say "well since we helped you what about this embargo?"

and Iran .....you know where thats gonna go .....

we shouldnt have gotten to the point that we need aid ....but that chain of events was in place long before dubya got here

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
as i recall Iran wanted sanctions lifted in return. We'll do just fine without the help. Although Cuba could have sent some Cigars

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I'm finished defending Bush. I've had about all I can stand of him. I'm working on some ideas for new bumper stickers.

This ain't what Reagan had in mind...

YEE HAW! Is NOT a foreign policy.

WWRD: What would Reagan do?

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brett said:
as i recall Iran wanted sanctions lifted in return. We'll do just fine without the help. Although Cuba could have sent some Cigars
Well I think an offer of help is pretty good. I think that pride has a limit, and help offered should be appreciated. I keep thinking of that Russian sub, the Kursk......and Putin being so proud to not accept help, and the outcome was all those sailors died for nothing! I don't believe the U.S. MUST still remain enemies with Iran.......in fact (I've said this in those Iran threads) the U.S. should make friends with Iran because they would GLADLY become an ally against Iraq. Iraq is not an easy mountain to climb either.

And as for their need for nuclear power, I wish I could have shown this article to HRS, but he would have just disregarded it regardless (like all the others) because it goes against what he personally believes, and it was an ignorant belief at that....but even with reputable links it was IMPOSSIBLE to convince him due to his ignorance and desire to argue to the death....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4180160.stm

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brett said:
it wasnt "help" though. It was "conditional help". there is a difference.
So, be friends, drop the sanctions??? Isn't that better than entering another War that would take 20 years to win because of 70 million armed Iranians?? USE the Iranians to fight and hunt terrorists in Iraq and find Osama!! Remember, the terrorists did NOT come from Iran and that is something HRS could NEVER fathom, or admit.

Now Nasa announced 118 Billion (or something like that) to put a base on the moon before 2020 so that eventually a Mars mission will follow. (that's just the initial cost) I honestly do NOT KNOW how Americans can afford this with such low taxes to begin with and the Iraq War costing one billion per day. On top of that, if Iran is invaded!!!

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
even with low taxes the government pulls in 2-3 trillion dollars a year. though there are deficits, thats a lot of money to play with

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
The NASA money was spread out over several years. No different than the existing NASA budget.

Total revenues didn't drop off that much after Bush's tax cut. The stimulus to the economy almost made up for it. Those tax cuts also ended a recession that began in 1999 and helped fight off another recession after 9/11.

But it's always been customary to CUT SPENDING somewhere when you cut those taxes. At least that's what a true conservative would've done. Thus the term "neo-conservative" that has been applied to Bush/Cheney/Rummy et al. They're more interested in the social agenda and exporting democracy than they are running the country.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Brett said:
even with low taxes the government pulls in 2-3 trillion dollars a year. though there are deficits, thats a lot of money to play with
YES it is!

I guess that 5 billion that you owe us for the lumber tariffs shouldn't be a problem to pay then, eh? :sneaky:

:shhh: ;)

But I also think the oil production from Iran acceptance would have gone a ways to lower prices, and not just in the U.S.

·
Registered
'98 Buick Regal LS - '91 Caddy Seville - '87 Caddy Seville!
4,425 Posts
Ralph said:
I cannot believe the prices didn't go up from Rita in Texas!!! Why didn't they go up, and how many wells were destroyed?! Even the stock market was concerned the prices would go up!
They sure ****ing did around here! The rate for 92+ octane is $3.09 per gallon on average. One gas station is selling 87 and 89 for $2.89...Their premium is going for $3.19 per gallon!!! Then another station has all of their prices set at $2.89 per gallon... :banghead:

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
illumina said:
They sure ****ing did around here! The rate for 92+ octane is $3.09 per gallon on average. One gas station is selling 87 and 89 for $2.89...Their premium is going for $3.19 per gallon!!! Then another station has all of their prices set at $2.89 per gallon... :banghead:
Maybe the price just went up in the U.S.? I know that Katrina sure hurt us, and I am still paying around $1.10-1.18 per liter, and before Katrina it was about .95 cents per liter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts