Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2001 STS
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'01 STS

Now its hard to start. I have to crank it over several seconds now. This started after I had it tuned up. Also, when I go over bumps the "service suspension" comes on the info center and I get warning lights on traction control and anti-lock brakes.

What do you all think?

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
What was done for the tune up? I'd start there since that seems like the most obvious change to cause a starting problem. Pull the codes and post; there should be clues there to your suspension warning message and possibly the hard start.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,977 Posts
'01 STS

Now its hard to start. I have to crank it over several seconds now. This started after I had it tuned up. Also, when I go over bumps the "service suspension" comes on the info center and I get warning lights on traction control and anti-lock brakes.

What do you all think?
Check the fuel pump relay.

·
Registered
1996 Deville (sold), 2000 Mustang GT
1,300 Posts
Check your fuel pressure regulator, probably the cause of your hard starting, there's a write up in the tech tips section, very very easy. If it was the crankshaft position sensor the car would stall out, and throw some codes. Your service suspension messege is more than likely a bad shock sensor or shock, both are pricey 400 for the sensor, 1000 for the shock. I drove my deville with that messege the entire time i had it. The abs/traction control is probably a bad wheel speed sensor, I believe you have to replace the entire hub assembly, not cheap. Welcome to owning a caddy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts