1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i was wondering not sure why i did not look at this untill now
but i noticed that i have a 10th month build in 99 but its a 2000 model year
do i have the bettter nothrstar or does this mean i have the Northstars from 97-99 ? or 2000 up
thank you

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
If it doesn't have spark plug wires (I'm sure it doesn't) then it is the 2000-up NorthStar.

·
Registered
2005 Deville Base, 2004 Escalade AWD
275 Posts
Vehicle specifications (including the engine) accompany the model year, not the production date. My 2000 STS has a manufacture date stamp of 12/99.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool thanks yup no plug wires atleast not that i have seen but ill take the cover of the the engine and look at it latter on to make sure but im betting it doesnt i have seen it under there before but have not really notices anyting

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,520 Posts
I'm unusually nice also, but two months ago we all went through the driver's door sticker thing and the spare tire RPO code thing. I suppose it never occurs to someone just why the 2010 models will be on the dealers' showroom floors in August of 2009 ????

·
Registered
2001 Seville SLS 140k miles
50 Posts
Quick question...chazglenn3 said if he does not have wires then its the new engine? I have an 01 SLS, does that mean I dont have spark plug wires? And in other words all I need is 8 new spark plugs? Will I notice any difference putting brand new plugs in my seville that has 140k and probably the stock plugs?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,119 Posts
In 2000 they went to COP (Coil On Plug) ignition, so no you do not have any ignition wires. You do have a boot or very short wire that connects the coil to the plug. Sub has posted pictures of them. If you are not experiencing any problems, you won't notice any difference changing plugs. That said, if they are original at 140K, they are getting due.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,119 Posts
COP ignition, roller followers as opposed to flat tappets lifters, longer head bolt & coarser thread pitch, metered PCV orifice vs PCV valve. Probably a few other things I'm forgetting, but they'd be minor (as are some of these).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts