Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Sedan deVille d'Elegance
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...then it's good enough for me. :) I think I somehow convinced myself that a Chad-style Buick would be something slick to dick around with. I think I may pick up a not too shabby 1992 Buick Roadmonster Limited, 238k miles, dark blue/dark blue cloth, one owner, nice driver with minimal to complain about. I need an extra car this like I need a hole in my head. :) But since Chad has a Buick I figure I probably need one too. It is in my driveway right now, I will probably exchange funds/title tomorrow unless Chad or anyone else tells me I'm nutz. :)

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,691 Posts
92 eh?

350 powered or 305? I approve of this message.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Sweet! My Grandma had a '92 RML Sedan when I was a kid. Ruby Red/burgundy leather interior. It's what got me started on Buicks. :)

Sting, all '92 Roadmasters had the 350. If I'm not mistaken, the 305 was only available in '91.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,691 Posts
Ah, you are correct sir.

Dave, snag it. It's got a good 100k or so left in it easily. More if its been properly maintained. You'll like it. :)

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Roadmaster wagons came out in 1991 and the sedans came out in 1992. The sedans, if I'm remembering correctly, only had the 350, wagons were reworked Caprices so I wouldn't be surprised if they had 305's in addition to the 350.

I just went out to dinner and drove in the car. It's surprisingly together and smooth considering the high mileage. I called a few car friends and one of them wants it badly so if I hate the car it will find a home. I will make the purchase in the morning since it is Buick-Chad-esque enough. :)

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
Someone call me?

You can thank yourself for the enjoyment. You and the others here are what makes it fun.

I walk away smiling and laughing. You walk away angry. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Details from the window sticker: it has trailer towing package with 3:08 axle ratio, heavy duty engine & trans cooling, engine oil cooler, automatic self level control suspension. Also SE "Prestige Option Package" - leather wrapped steeing wheels, cornering lights, power trunk pull-down. Just a regular Limited otherwise. I will snap some shots of this boat in the AM. :)

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
Buick will not disappoint you, except the case that the car was abused by previous owner....

Good luck and post the pics :D

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
Ah yes... where is my head?

:postpics:

C'mon Dave, you know the drill. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One owner car, the guy is 80 and a total character, car was dealer maintained at the same dealership its whole life. This is not a car I would go out and seek to buy but it fell into my lap and it's pretty darn decent so I can't help myself. I will photograph it in the AM. :)

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sting, until morning, imagine a dark blue Roadmaster Sedan - that's what it looks like.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
I can't imagine. I need pictures!

:lol:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You are such a nut. This will have to do until the AM. I may wake up and come to my senses in the morning and realize this tank is in my driveway and reject it. Wait, I'm not drunk so this all happened when I was rational, if that's possible...... :)

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
Awesome. :) Those seats look really comfortable... :drool:

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sting, the seats are soft and Buick-like and they look pretty but they sure don't go back far enough. :) I felt like I was driving in stealth mode in this less conspicuous business-like banker blue Roadmaster compared to my wide lapel bell bottom yellow polyester leisure suit 79 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance. :) The Cadillac is more to my liking but I appreciate the 1990's-ness of this Buick.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts