Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I buy a CTS-V from an individual or without warranty should I get the GM Protection plan? Do dealers treat you the same as if you bought the warrenty from them? The cars in my price range usually have about 40k miles on them. 3 Years/36,000 miles is $100 bucks a month. Does this sound right? Is this worth it?

I will not be modding this car except fro skip shift eliminator.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
My recommendation is to get the warranty. You can shop the internet for pricing and use the results to negotiate with your dealer. If the dealer is at least competive I woudl buy from them. This helps in your overall relationship with the dealer, especially in the short run. In the long run, it probably will not make as big a difference as other factors in that the warranty is simply assoicated with your vin number in all GM computers.

I recommend the warranty because this car does have some ongoing issues. Addtionally, it is a performance car adds value to the car if you sell or trade it during warranty period.

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,005 Posts
A hundred bucks a month seems like a lot to me, but one dif and you'll be glad you did it (assuming no deductible).

If no mods, are you going to drive it like it was a Buick?

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I think it is pretty much a judgment call on your part. Any used car is a crap-shoot no matter where you get it. I know some feel that they are less likely to get a "problem" car from a dealer rather than private seller. But I think most people who have a car they know has a problem are just as likely to trade it in as sell it on the street. I believe private sellers are more just trying to raise cash than dump a bad car.

·
Registered
(did) CTS-V
723 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^
Yea, I'll be one soon, I'm getting rid of mine because I'm moving. You get more cash from a person than Carmax...

I think the warranty is absolutely worth it. If not just for piece of mind. I had to use mine in the past, but she's been good for the past year.

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
The car has to have either 3 months or 3,000 miles left on the factory warranty to get the GMPP.

Best place to get this would probably be cadillacextendedwarranty.com. They'll price match any price you find, but they're pretty much already be the cheapest.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Check supporting vendors, including Fitchner in Seattle area?? and Black Pontiac Cadillac in Ebensburg, PA. Good pricing on GMPP too.

Plus what others offer for a good price.

·
Registered
Cadillac
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A hundred bucks a month seems like a lot to me, but one dif and you'll be glad you did it (assuming no deductible).

If no mods, are you going to drive it like it was a Buick?

Haha..no I will not be driving it like a Buick. I am just coming out of a Camaro SS w/ H/C plus all boltons. I lost my ass on the sale because the car was modded. I no longer go to the track so a stock LS6 will suite me nicely and when I get tired of it and want to sell or trade if I wont have the headaches that a modded car brings.

The warrenty quote averaged about $100 a month and had a $100 deductable. Seems kinda steep but like you guys said....a diff change would eat that up quick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts