Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76' 500ci engine for transplant
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am the Proud new owner of a 76' Cadillac 500:D. It is out of a rear wheel drive car, I Guess a Deville. The motor was out of the car when I got it, but I did get most of the car's engine harness with it. My question is that the carburetor {A QuadraJet #170566230} has holes drilled and tapped in it's left front corner where the late style idle up solenoid would bolt on. However, there is no evidence that it ever had one, and no wiring in the harness. The engine has an A6 A/C compressor, so I know that the car had A/C. Could anyone please tell me if these engine's commonly didn't have idle up solenoids, or if mine is has just been long removed.

Thanks

·
Registered
'85 Fleetwood FWD
728 Posts
The 500 I just built came from a Caddy I had, a '76 Coupe DeVille. It didn't have the fast idle solenoid either. That was used for the AC pump load I believe, at idle. It was used a lot on Chevys. The big Caddy likely had enough idle power that it didn't need it:thumbsup:

BILL

·
Registered
76' 500ci engine for transplant
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bill,

I was aware that on the larger displacement engines that you could get buy with out one. I had never seen one from the factory that way though.

Thanks soo much, I appreciate it!
Eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts