Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Eldo 95, 97, 83 Deville 91
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a FSM for a 1995 Eldorado, I am having a problem interpreting a statement relating to Idle Speed Control Check. In the decision tree it states “Record TPS Min Value” my value is -1.5. Later on it states “Record TPS Max Value” which is 14 then “subtract TPS min value from TPS max value and record ISC authority”

When you subtract a negative value from a positive value, basically you should change the negative -1.5 to a positive 1.5 and add it to the 14, does anyone believe that is what should be done or is the negative sign included in with the 1.5 meant to mean subtract this from the other?
Would like to pass emissions on this my second test (free) .

Thanks for any help from anyone

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
what codes you got? a new TPS is under $30 new at autozone...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have already replaced the TPS and have cleaned the Throttle Body, I get a code "P030 (E030) ISC RPM out of range" and it is intermittent. The FSM states that I need to adjust the plunger on the Idle Speed Control Motor, and fall into the range of 10 to 11 when subtracting TPS min value from the TPS max value.

thanks for the reply

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,544 Posts
The FSM states that I need to adjust the plunger on the Idle Speed Control Motor
Press on the plunger. It should retract. When it bottoms out, unplug it. Now adjust the gap to .060. It is adjusted.

·
Registered
90 Eldo -SOLD-, 98 ETC -SOLD-, 86 XR4Ti Track Car, 07 Ranger
963 Posts
yeah, there should have been a little writeup in the box w/the sensor on how to do it, otherwise there's the procedure in the FSM...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Idle Speed Control Check - Learn Procedure

Thanks for the help - after it is adjusted the FSM states that you need to perform the "Learn Procedure" I have made the adjustments and my mileage seems to be improving - if any one needs the info on the learn procedure for a 95 eldo I will type it in.

·
Registered
96 deville 4.6L
5 Posts
ok i got a new iac valve and need to adjust it :ill: can any one put up some details on how to put it the 0.06 spec and how to relearn it any info would be of great help ! :yup:

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
87,544 Posts
Wait a minute. The IAC "valve" was used on the '96 or '97 and later. Before that they used the ISC "motor". Which do you have? If you have the ISC motor, see post #4.

·
Registered
96 deville 4.6L
5 Posts
sorry about that i have a 1996 deville with a 4.6l i have read post #4 and im not sure what i have to gap the plunger to the Throttle Body or the plunger to the valve body im just not sure what gap needs to be adjusted ! :(

·
Registered
Eldorado ETC 11/93 - Seville 1984 - BLS' 2006 1.9Tid
67 Posts
Can I proceed the same way (post #4) for my late 93 ETC ?

·
Registered
‘66SDV,‘76FWB,CDV, SDV,‘77 BRTZ‘78CDV,FWB,‘90,‘91x2,‘92FWB,‘98,‘00,‘05 DTS
3,219 Posts
You can try but that method didn't work for me. I had to go strictly by the book... PCM override, PS03, then hit the blue "cooler" button. That retracts the plunger. It may take a little while and move very slowly, so I suggest watching it as it goes in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts