Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 96 deville and i was wondering if you can do an idle relearn on it? and if the idle speed control is adjustble, pleaseee help, when i sit at a redlight for about 30 secs the car will just randomly shut off, it fires right bak up to problem but it does it everytime i idle for about 20-30 secs, but only when im in gear, if i put it in neutral or park it will idle all day, but if i hold my foot on the gas just a little it will idle just fine and never shut off, i tried manually adjusting the idle with the screw but the computer turned it bak down, i am idling at 600-650 rpm at a red light when it is warmed up...HELPPP

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,788 Posts
Does your car have an IAC valve or an ISC motor? I suspect the IAC valve. I do not believe that is adjustable. You might try a good TB cleaning first. The IAC port may be carboned up.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought that the fuel filter could have been a problem so i just changed it, it didnt help, i recently cleaned the tb with some carb cleaner and ever since i did that it started acting like this, im gonna take some stp throttle body and air intake cleaner and clean it tomorrow and see if that helps, i might have clogged the iac or something

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
After you cleaned the TB did you do the idle relearn?
Disconnect the negative battery terminal for 1 minute.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts