Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is an 04 cts-v 6spd with cam.

Having an issue where the car dies when the AC is on. I dont believe the compressor is the issue as it works and sounds as it should. If I roll up to a stop light the car will die with the ac on. No bog or sputter, it just dies. If ac is off it is just fine. Will run and drive normal with ac on. Its as if you hit the ac button you turn the key to the off postion is just the same. Im thinking disconnect battery and let it sit, see if problem is still there or try a new tps or relearn the throttle body. Have only driven the car once since this issue. I have noticed a slightly lower than normal idle at times and hanging idle when the clutch is disengaged sometimes (rolling up to a light or down a hill in nuetral after being on the throttle) Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,187 Posts
So this is a new situation? Is the cam new, or have you had it for a while and never had the issue? Has the engine been tuned for the cam?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Car has been tuned and running well for quiet some time. Nothing new has changed. Only “change” would be is that I did fill the car with non ethanol 91. But I don’t believe that would change anything

I disconnected the battery and let is sit for awhile and reconnected it. Ac issue went away but now I have a hanging idle when I’m coasting. 1200 or 2000rpms. Does this until I come to a stop. Just changed the throttle position sensor and still having the same issue

EDIT: I did forget, about 2-3 weeks ago the trans was taken out to replace the slave.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just changed the MAF. Disconnected the battery and reconnected. Car drove normally for a few miles. Turned the car off and back on. Idle issue came back

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,187 Posts
Seems like the A/C "kick" isn't working to bump idle RPMs a bit when the A/C is on.

When you roll up to a stop, do you keep the clutch disengaged (clutch pedal pushed to the floor)? Or do you take the car out of gear, take your foot off the clutch pedal and roll to a stop that way? Whichever way you normally do it, try doing it the other way, to see if that changes anything. (Obviously, the car shouldn't stall out either way, I'm just trying to think of what inputs the ECU gets to tell it what idle to maintain.)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ac issue is now gone.

After disconnecting and reconnecting the battery this is whats happening. First drive the car is perfectly normal. Turn the car off and sit a minute, turn back on. Coming up to a light/ coasting and push clutch in and rpms hold around 2k. Let clutch out and in neutral, same thing. Come to a complete stop and rpms come down.

This all started a week ago. Car sat for 10-20 min idling with ac on. Car was warm and I immediately left and ran the car up around 5k in 1st and 2nd. Let the clutch out to coast and the car shut down (ac was on). Turned ac off and started the car, drove down the road perfectly fine. Came to a stop light and idled normal. Turned ac on and the car died. Disconnected the battery when I got home and ac issue went away and now the idle is hanging. replaced tps and maf.

Im going to let the car idle again for 20min and then drive it. See if that was some sort of relearn. I have seen people talk about relearn processes such as pedal to the floor and try and start the car. Also read one about letting the car idle with and without the ac for some time...going to look into these more but It seems like the car is trying to learn something that isnt there or re-correct for something thats not happening.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts