Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Escalade
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello ,
Was checking the oil on my 2004 Escalade and noticed this wiring harness dangling from the underside of the hood near the Front Brake Master cylinder . It is just fastened by nut and bolt to the hood and severed from another harness behind the master cylinder, Would appreciate any info on what function this harness controls .

Cheers and Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
56 Posts
I am not able to tell you the exact purpose of that wire, but here's my observation. On my 03, when the wire was hanging I'd have a "rear access open" message, once I bought a new one (old one was broken) and fastened it, the message disappeared. However it would be very interesting if someone knew the exact purpose of the wire (for now i'm sitting on the fence).

·
Registered
2003 Escalade
125 Posts
That's is a ground strap and if I recall, the one that connects to the hood is used to help reduce radio interfere noise from the engine thru your radio speakers.

·
Registered
2004 Escalade
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's is a ground strap and if I recall, the one that connects to the hood is used to help reduce radio interfere noise from the engine thru your radio speakers.
Thanks for the reply , I hadn't noticed anything different going on , amongst the other quirky things that this Caddy possesses in the 6 years I've owned it , Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts