Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the desk of Addison_II

Monday October 17, 2005

Re: A huge Cadillac Forums Meet.

To the Administrators/ Moderators
I know this isn't technically the place for this but, I thought it may get exposure here first then, as the details emerge, be delegated to the owners meet section. However if my thought process is in error feel free to move as necessary.:hide:

As a newbie who has only been here for almost 7 months, this is in no way an original idea. Sal originally had a thread dedicated to this some months maybe even years ago. However, due to recent events such as the local meet here in the Twin Cities and the thread about having the chance to meet a member from the forums, who would we choose?, my interest has been heightened once again about having a huge meet.

I know that everyone has their own schedules, lives, and obligations. I also know that this has to be planned at least a year in advance for those who will be in attendance to adjust their schedules as needed.

Since the forums were started by Sal and he(as well as a good sized population of the forums) lives in Tampa(incl. Florida), I propose that the first annual Cadillac Forums meet be held in Tampa. Every year the venue site could change based on a vote or some other unbiased selection process.That way everyone would eventually have a chance to have the Meet near their residence. The program could be arranged like the format on which family reunions are based. Day 1: sign in, meet and greet, dinner, activities, and so on. Day 2 could feature a breakfast, opportunities for track time. shopping, or cruising.
Day 3 could feature a final forums cruise,portrait opportunity, a final thought from Sal, best wishes, and goodbyes.

The day format could be Friday,Sat, and culminating on Sunday so that everyone can go back to their regular schedules on Monday.

To make sure that those who post and confirm their intent to attend will be in attendance, a small registration fee could be sent in to the Meet Committee and be used for items such as T-shirts, Hats, reservations for the meeting place/restaurant and so forth.

Also some sort of fund could be set up to get our international members here if needed. (Ralph, MC5, STSinNottignham, etc.)

To those who think that this would be a good idea, please post any ideas, suggestions, comments that would help to get this idea off the ground and bring it to reality.

From your fellow forum member and friend.
Addison_II (LC.) :highfive:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Great idea!!!!

It would form a nice little side track when i take my holidays! My wife is looking at New York for a city break next year.......

we'll see :sneaky:

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
i like it. like i said, we should all send some money to Sal or Brett to set up a fund for Craig and Ralph and them but the problem would be coming up short, who would foot the rest of the bill? thats my only downside, other than that hows next summer or fall for the meet? gives everyone a year to plan and put it on their calendars. we can do like the Cadillac and LaSalle club, have a show maybe? and do kinda like they do. do we have any CLC members on here?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Wellt here is no need to set up any sort of funding for myself to get there, if i am in the States already on holiday i will be close enough, even if i am not, a break is always helpful, so dont worry abotu footing any of my bill, the rest you will have to talk to Ralph about.

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well 06 would be nice but to get things set completely, maybe summer of 2007 would be good?? That way we would have over a year(like a year and 8 or 9 months) to plan, organize, and finalize all details, daily activity setup, and any reservations, schedule bookings, and etc. we may need to. But it's up to everyone so post your suggestions. Sal, Brett, Stoney, The Boombotz, Hitmoney, MSilva954, and all the forum members come on everyone, we're eagerly awaiting your thoughts!!

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Spittin Game said:
I vote on Vegas for the meet!!!
NICE! Haha I'm going to Vegas for my 21st birthday. Me and my dad! Woo!I would support a NY meet though since I can drive there. Ahh this is such a killer idea. :bouncy:

·
Registered
03 Escalade, 06 SRX
6,888 Posts
Addison I think this is a great idea. I will let you know even though it could be 48 hours before the response we must have been on the same brain wave. I took it a little further. This morning I went to Cadillac website and sent them a e-mail. It was stating basically how nice it would be to get a National Meet going and if this had ever crossed there mind. I stated that I belong to the forum and would be willing to commit my time in helping them organize for nothing. I also stated I know this was done with Saturn owners and went over great to having there customers feel appreciated. I sent this at about 11:00 this morning so they said it could be up to 48 hours before I receive a response. It should be interesting to see what they say. Either way I am on board and I know Tom will be. Plus, I will be ready to help organize in anyway if needed. I will keep you updated on what they say.

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Julie, Keep me updated and count me in to help as well.

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Why don't we make a Cadillac Forums Club on top of it? It looks like the forums are built to handle it, I mean in everyones profile you see that they are not in any public groups lol. I support NY meet since I dont turn 21 till 2008. I'm not exactly sure if I can come but I will try. Random problems pop up for me a lot of times that prevent me from going anywhere.

·
Registered
2000 Black DeVille & 1994 Concours
963 Posts
Dear EsteemedCaddyCommunity:

Great idea; viable & with solid input.
I would be honored to attend.

The Tampa Bay area is
close to my heart, maybe we
can converge on The St. Pete's
Beach area; and, get some good
hotel deals on the strip.

I'll bring my hot wife to meet Julie;
if Ralph promises not to drool directly
upon her.

I would probably fly and rent a Caddy
down there to save time, maybe others
in my shoes could benefit could from a
group rate.

I could drive to New York though, and
increase my likelihood of meeting Sandy
and Dope.

It's all good, let's shoot for 2007!

Best Regards,

TomDeville

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Ahhh this is exciting!!!! Let's do a tour! We get a buncha members and drive a huge convoy of Cadillacs! I've seen this done with car clubs, I saw Corvettes, Mustangs, MG's even an Impala SS one! Let's set this shit up!

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
DopeStar 156 said:
Ahhh this is exciting!!!! Let's do a tour! We get a buncha members and drive a huge convoy of Cadillacs! I've seen this done with car clubs, I saw Corvettes, Mustangs, MG's even an Impala SS one! Let's set this shit up!
My personal goal is to do next years Hotrod magazine Power Tour , Most likely with gladys

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
Jesda said:
It'll be perfect for Florida. We can swing by some retirement homes and pick up some foxy older ladies.
finally someone else gets it , i tell ya the nurseing home scene is pretty damned good , never have to worry about commitment :hide:

1 - 20 of 83 Posts