Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to see pictures of nice Sevilles and Eldorados new or old yours or somebody elses.....Whudyathink???

·
Registered
64 Posts
I posted a few pics of mine, but they were taken on a really gray day. I will get some shots of it on a nice sunny day - and when there isn't salt caked over the entire car!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinkin' more like... Our own thing. Nothin' fancy, Just a pic or two of a guys car.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like this 1954 Eldorado Convertable...

A buddy of mine has some VERY cool old Cadillac pictures so I'm gonna attach some...Eldorado/Seville of course!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OOPS!....It's down here!

SEE?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry man, I don't have any engine pics......Just these few that I'll be posting from time to time as I get them and clean them up. I have to clean them up because they're from old sales brochures and they're not in very good shape so it takes time.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
1979 Eldorado Barritz....

This was THE Cadillac to me for a long time, It had the Olds 350 in it and was one of the only Eldos in this body style to not have the P.O.S. HT4100 engine.

Attachments

·
Banned
701 Posts
My mom still has that body style with the 4100. Still runs fine, but some trim and the paint needs some help. Its got a bit of pep, but it ain't no Northstar. I wish it had leather seats, but back then crushed velour was the thing. Man I love that car. She will keep it forever, and I guess I will get it someday.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, It's by far my favorite body style Eldorado! It is also in my opinion one of the most comfortable cars Cadillac ever made and it is a very nice car to drive....But more than anything I just like the way it looks!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's another......

I've always liked this body style Seville as well...This was Cadillacs first effort at building a "Smaller" car. When they first came out in the '76 model year a lot of people thought that they would never last.....They're still here aren't they?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NOW, This.....Was never one of my favorites!

After the understated elegance of the '76 to '79 Sevilles the 1980 Sevilles were a big change. Like them or not ( I never did ) they represented a dramatic styling decision at Cadillac. They definetly took a chance on this one and it combined with the HT4100 and the Cimmaron represent a lot of what was wrong with Cadillac in the '80s!

Attachments

·
Banned
701 Posts
I would have to agree with you on the 80's Seville's. If the rear was about four feet longer, they might have looked better. They are too stubby, and look like the were hit in the @ss. I'm sure they rode well(I never drove one), but style went out the window. What kind of drugs were they on when that model hit the show rooms. Ludes would be my guess! Cadillac engineers just didn't give a damn back then IMHO.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was appalled when I first saw the '80 Seville. I think my first words were something like....Man, They sure f*cked up THAT car!
They never grew on me either. I still think it's probably the worst looking car that Cadillac ever built!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1968 Fleetwood Eldorado.

I was particularly fond of this body style as well. A neighbor of ours had one in about 1970 it was Black w/ black landau top. He had wide Ansen Sprint mags and Micky Thompsons on it and it was lowered a little bit. It was the toughest lookin' car in the neighborhood!

Attachments

·
Banned
701 Posts
Now thats a CAR!!!!!! I love that bodystyle, and the Olds Toronado's were very nice as well. My dad had the Olds with a 455 and I only got to drive it once before he filled up the ashtray and sold it. He traded cars very often back then, going from Caddys to Olds, to Pontaic GP and back to Caddy again. All had the 455 and would get on down the highway in style and right quick about it I might add. Man, those were the days.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ain't it though?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OK, OK I KNOW!

:shocked2: Ok, I know it's not a Cadillac but I think it's worthy because....It's the ONLY FOMOCO product I've ever owned that I was happy with. '74 Lincoln MK4 bought it new! had it till '89 when some guy walked up the driveway at just the right moment with just the right amount of cash. When I sold this car it had only 24,000 miles on it and it was a total garage queen! always in the garage with a cover over it and a full 7 volume limited edition leather bound set of factory service manuals in a custom made rack in the trunk! I sold the car for $500 less than I paid for it new! The guy still has it and it currently has 32,000 miles on it and it's still a pampered garage queen!

The original wheels,tires and wheel covers are in vacum sealed plastic bags and are still with the car and only have around 5,000 miles on them!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
8 Participants
elwesso