Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
04' CTS-V, 04' Escalade EXT
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the middle of installing my UUC flywheel which is due on my porch any minute. I have 48k miles with 30 to 40 pretty hard track days and many more to follow.

Clutch plates last???
The budget is tight right now but since i will have the trans off...

Please chime in with clutch expertise.

Thanks~
rgd

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
I look at clutches like brake rotors- When I do rotors, I do pads also. When dealing with items that interact with each other through friction, I replace both to be safe. I did my PP and clutch while I was in there for the flywheel.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
I look at clutches like brake rotors- When I do rotors, I do pads also. When dealing with items that interact with each other through friction, I replace both to be safe. I did my PP and clutch while I was in there for the flywheel.
I totally agree. I am about to do a UUC flywheel and will replace the other parts even though I only have 13,500 miles on the V. At 48K, this becomes a no-brainer.

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
....and it was good opportunity to shave some weight off the PP by switching to a Z06 part. :D

"Drive-away chatter" be damned- I want acceleration!

T

·
0 Posts
How about a total part list that is needed? to do all of at it once-ucc/Spec 3, etc.. what spacers if needed. Anyone have an idea on how much it would cost to get it installed?

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
13,986 Posts
The Tony Show;1140223... "Drive-away chatter" ...[/quote said:
I've heard about this ...

1. Is this the same with both the Textralia and the Z06?

2. How annoying is it?

This mod is in my future. Just want to make sure I make the right decision.

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
No chatter with the Textralia after about 300 miles of break in. Fabulous clutch, great feel, don't even think about anything else

·
Registered
2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)
17,712 Posts
Is it that much better then the stock clutch? I only have 6K on the original and I am trying to save some money. I have heard on-line that some of the guy's have done this swap and re-used the stock clutch. Seems like a good idea to change it out while you have it apart but if the gains are small then it's not worth the extra coin.

Opinions?

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Based on my reading of the post that started this thread we have been asked to provide: (a) estimates of the life expectancy of a stock clutch; and (b) options that will work with a UUC flywheel that has already been purchased.

·
Registered
05 Maggied V Black/Black
1,158 Posts
Stock clutch works with UUC
I removed mine at 19K and it looked good, but life expectancy is subjective depending on how you drive. My wife could burn one up in a month LOL

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
I had a Spec clutch in the hi-po SHO and it was by far the best of about 5 clutches I had in it. What is the price of the Textralia and the Spec for the V?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts