Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my cadi deville 96 with 124k on it displayed a ice possible message but the car wasn't cold enough to have ice i went in the movies for 2 hours and came out but now...the car is running badly b/c of the code P0201- injector circuit malfunction should i replace the one injector or check wiring...i have a bad looking tensioner pulley also....


my car starts up and like vibrates at low rpms like its gonna cut off...doesnt wanna go faster than 20 sometimes 50 what is wrong i had this code befor but it never acted like this..

can tensioner be a reason or is it the fuel injector #1 car does start up badly cuts on and then sounds like it wants to cut off but cuts on, i kno this shyt is minor thas why im asking before it gets major
 

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
Joined
·
86,781 Posts
The ICE POSSIBLE message has nothing to do with it. It simply comes on then the OAT (Outside Air Temp) reaches 36 degrees (35 on my '02).

Based on the DTC I would check the circuit. I doubt that the tensioner would cause that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was just wondering b/c its the first time i seen it...my first winter with this car but i still need help as to why my car is acting up
 

·
Registered
1996 Cadillac Deville, 2004 Cadillac DTS, 2011 CTS AWD Coupe
Joined
·
331 Posts
...My 96 deville doesnt display that message :-( And its been under 20 plenty of times this year- the dash temp works too. SO why doesnt the message come up? haha
 

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
Joined
·
86,781 Posts
phathead785 said:
...My 96 deville doesnt display that message :-( And its been under 20 plenty of times this year- the dash temp works too. SO why doesnt the message come up? haha
Maybe your just missing it. It does not stay on. When the temp hits 36 (on your car) the message will appear for 5-10 seconds I would say, then return to whatever you had it set at.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
116 Posts
I don't believe that the "ICE POSSIBLE" message was even used on a 96. I always thought that came in later years. The owner's manual does not address it at all.
 

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
Joined
·
86,781 Posts
My '97 Deville had it so, maybe it began in '97.
 

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
Joined
·
1,164 Posts
keep it fresh said:
ok my cadi deville 96 with 124k on it displayed a ice possible message but the car wasn't cold enough to have ice i went in the movies for 2 hours and came out but now...the car is running badly b/c of the code P0201- injector circuit malfunction should i replace the one injector or check wiring...i have a bad looking tensioner pulley also....


my car starts up and like vibrates at low rpms like its gonna cut off...doesnt wanna go faster than 20 sometimes 50 what is wrong i had this code befor but it never acted like this..

can tensioner be a reason or is it the fuel injector #1 car does start up badly cuts on and then sounds like it wants to cut off but cuts on, i kno this shyt is minor thas why im asking before it gets major
The "ICE POSSIBLE" message is just warning you to be careful driving because the temperature is almost low enough to cause icing on the roads.

Are you going to get the injector fixed? Is it something you can work on yourself, or are you going to take it somewhere? This isn't rocket science. If the wiring is OK then replace the injector. If that doesn't fix the problem, it could be the PCM. The injector isn't going to fix itself and that's probably why it's running badly. The tensioner can be fixed at the same time. Replacement tensioner pulleys aren't that much money and it's not too difficult a fix if you have the ratchet and socket you need and a breaker bar to release the tension. There's no excuse to drive it any further than you have to if the tensioner looks bad. If that tensioner gives out, you're stranded. In the winter time especially, that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Go get the car worked on or do it yourself, but just get it done already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
mcowden said:
The "ICE POSSIBLE" message is just warning you to be careful driving because the temperature is almost low enough to cause icing on the roads.

Are you going to get the injector fixed? Is it something you can work on yourself, or are you going to take it somewhere? This isn't rocket science. If the wiring is OK then replace the injector. If that doesn't fix the problem, it could be the PCM. The injector isn't going to fix itself and that's probably why it's running badly. The tensioner can be fixed at the same time. Replacement tensioner pulleys aren't that much money and it's not too difficult a fix if you have the ratchet and socket you need and a breaker bar to release the tension. There's no excuse to drive it any further than you have to if the tensioner looks bad. If that tensioner gives out, you're stranded. In the winter time especially, that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Go get the car worked on or do it yourself, but just get it done already.


ok tensioner is scheduled for wednesday i brought tensioner and belt from dealership for $160, the car isnt an everyday driver just weekend...but as for the fuel injector can that one injector just be replaced or do all have to be replaced because i got a price on one injector for $80 if one can be replace i'll get that fixed at the sametime as tensioner...
pleae let me kno something asap..Thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mcowden said:
Geez, you're kind of impatient. For a free help site, you get what you pay for.

You can replace a single injector. You do not have to replace all of them.

sorry to sound impatient but i just wanted to kn so i could schedule an appointment
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top