Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i did it, i talked to the guys today and signed up. If everything goes well i should be leaving for basic in Jan or Feb. So you might not hear from me for 12 weeks next year but i'll be back. Yeah i know its early but iam happy about it. :D

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I hope you thought about it long and hard, and talked to your parents ahead of time.
I'll pray that you are kept clear of the idiocy that's going on in the Middle East.
Good-luck, keep your eyes and ears open, and your head down.
Semper Fi

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
Semper Fi!!! Do or die!!!
Good luck man!!!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Good for you! It's nice to see that all young Americans are not snivlin' weaklings with their hats on backwards! Good luck! Semper Fi

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Golden....... I wish you Godspeed.......

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. One of the main reasons iam doing this is becuase its somthing i never thought i would do, and thats what i need to do is change my life. I'll be going from a server at boston market still living with mommy to a Marine, sounds like a great plan to me. Also the guys were telling me about the auto hobby shops, basicly a garage that has everything you could need to work on a car, and people to help if you need, right on the base.

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
They got that at the base next to me...trust me...you don't want to ask the clerk for help. They are about as smart as a tree stump

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
857 Posts
Good for you! I think that is an awesome decision you made! There was a local couple here who gave up their good paying jobs to join the reserves. Very noble! :worship: I wish you Godspeed as well! :)

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
davesdeville said:
Good luck to you, don't get shot or anything..
HA, iam not worried about that, i wont be going into action, iam going into computer graphics classes. After basic i get 10 days off, then i go to combat school and learn how to shoot M16s and throw gernads(sp) so that should be fun. Then i go to school. And i get paid the whole time. I shold have lots-O-cash for a cadillac project(60s caddy i hope).

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
I got kicked in the gernads once. Hurt like hell. Can't imaging what getting them thrown would feel like.

Damn, Marines are TOUGH!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol ah well, never said i could spell. those things blow up to if your not taking care of them. I have a hard time "imaging" it too. :sneaky:

·
Registered
9 Posts
The Marines!

Been there, done that, even got a T-shirt! Wish I could do it again.
Enjoy and take advantage of every kind of Training you can get.
It will take you long and far.
From one Marine to another!
Simper Fi
Andy

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Re: The Marines!

yeah congrats on doing that.
Are you going in as a private first class or are u jumping to a commisioned officer.
My friend joined the marines and while he loves it, he claims the stupidest thing he ever did was join up before he graduated cause hed be making twice as much and have his choice of assignments....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts