Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
4,096 Posts
German Racing Green = noice. Now IIRC you're spousally circumstanced, so did she put her thumb on this one or you hoarding it for yourself?
And further nosiness mandates asking which in the stable is getting kicked to the curb.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
19,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sonoma Green Metallic. My Ball and Chain went ballistic on me yesterday over the color, and it was not good. This coming from a woman who loves emeralds! I don''t know WTF is her issue! I am buying this car for me, it is my last ICE car. I told her she can get whatever she wants, I don't care. But no, she has to be the non-logical female (in other words, typical). I placed my order anyway and have maybe 30 days to "reconsider". It is a special order paint. We will see. I will be replacing the ATS-V with more horsepower, more torque, more space, same fun! Might be replacing the wife, too. There's a bourbon for that. And lots of Scotch.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
19,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OH, it might take a year to get this ride, so I will be continuing the floggings until the morale improves.

·
Registered
19,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My wife said, "Why don't you get a black or gray color?"

I said absolutely no way. Why not get a Prius instead?

It might be a long weekend. Got an extra bed, Padgett? You're only a couple of hours away, lol.

Reactions: kgoetz97

·
Super Moderator
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
17,026 Posts
OH, it might take a year to get this ride, so I will be continuing the floggings until the morale improves.
Another lengthy thread about a car purchase.
Deja vu...

·
Registered
19,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This won't make over 1150 posts like some other threads on here........

• Haha
Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
96 FWB
4,096 Posts
This won't make over 1150 posts like some other threads on here........
1. Calls AUDI, "Hey, I'm reconfirming dammit RECONFIRMING the Sonoma Green Metallic!" and they instead pull a Stalin and 'disappear' the order. "But we can get you on the list for a '25".
2. tin- orders a CT5-V.
3. 1,500+ posts. Guaranteed.

And tin-, it sounds like you might want to offer to your wife she should just calm down. And POOF, her mind will instantly jump off car colors. Guaranteed.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI Premium, 2014 CTS VSport
2,869 Posts
My wife said, "Why don't you get a black or gray color?"

I said absolutely no way. Why not get a Prius instead?

It might be a long weekend. Got an extra bed, Padgett? You're only a couple of hours away, lol.
When I bought my gen II, the wife asked "why didn't you just get a Honda Accord?". I think she knew it was a ridiculous question the moment the words left her mouth. No comments about buying the VSport.

Reactions: tinman

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,851 Posts
When I bought my last 2 BMW motorcycles and 3 Cadillacs, I bought them and then told her. She saw them when I drove them home.
She did pick out the Tbird when I bought that for her.

·
Super Moderator
17,026 Posts
My wife usually wants me to order up.
When I told her the Pontiac T/A would no longer be produced, her answer was "Order one".

God, I love this broad.

·
Registered
96 FWB
4,096 Posts
So, Long,
After just a couple weeks ridin' tall in her new rig she's making talk now about you replacing your 12yo beater?
Hell, I got my wife a brand new SUV 5 months ago and she sure ain't told me to go buy myself anything yet.

·
Super Moderator
17,026 Posts
So, Long,
After just a couple weeks ridin' tall in her new rig she's making talk now about you replacing your 12yo beater?
Hell, I got my wife a brand new SUV 5 months ago and she sure ain't told me to go buy myself anything yet.
I told her 2 years max, then I upgrade.

Reactions: Tbbt

·
Registered
96 FWB
4,096 Posts
I told her 2 years max, then I upgrade.
Ok, we can trade leads on CT6-V BWs then. Or that CT5 LS- stick. I'm not sure which yet.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts