Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
None
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey , i got into a accident and now i was looking for parts , it is hard to find parts for a v in Canada so i was wondering if parts will fit my v off a none v cts ? i need a hood , bumper , air bag and a dash.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,802 Posts
First, any parts from 2008 will not fit.

However for 03 to 07, yes... To a point.

I don't know about the hood an clearance for the engine.

The bumper, well that depends on if you'll be replacing the inner finder/wheel well plastic pieces. From what I understand they are different. As the V has brake cooling tubes. Talking about that. The fog light brackets had to be changed too, because that's where the brake cooling tubes start.

As for the dash, I can only assume that it would. Assuming, too, you are referring to the fact that the passenger air bag deployed.

KOT

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
991 Posts
All those items will bolt to the car but you'll be loosing the cooling ducts. The V hood is aluminum, the cts is steel from what I can tell but they look the same. Air bag and dash should work no problem.

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,024 Posts
CTS and CTS-V hoods are the exact same part; they're all aluminum.

Front bumper from a CTS will fit on a CTS-V, but it's a very different style. As KOT pointed out, you'll need the CTS fender liners and foglights to match the CTS bumper. (The foglights/DRLs are actually the same, it's only the brackets that are different. However, it seems like you only see the complete setup sold online; I don't think I've seen just the foglight/DRL brackets for sale.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
First, any parts from 2008 will not fit.

However for 03 to 07, yes... To a point.

I don't know about the hood an clearance for the engine.

The bumper, well that depends on if you'll be replacing the inner finder/wheel well plastic pieces. From what I understand they are different. As the V has brake cooling tubes. Talking about that. The fog light brackets had to be changed too, because that's where the brake cooling tubes start.

As for the dash, I can only assume that it would. Assuming, too, you are referring to the fact that the passenger air bag deployed.

KOT
is it possible to put a first gen cts rear end under my 2005 CTS-v?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It should be. There was a kid on here who swapped a rear from a V3 into his. Everything bolted right in. Including the LS2. It's a bit of a read, but he gives a decent amount of attention to the details. It wondered off topic, so just a heads up

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,024 Posts
is it possible to put a first gen cts rear end under my 2005 CTS-v?
Yes, maybe. Gear ratio will be different. I'm not sure about the input flange, that may be different. I believe the spline count for the diff is the same, so your V axles will go into the non-V diff (I think).

It should be. There was a kid on here who swapped a rear from a V3 into his. Everything bolted right in.
Unless something changes later in that thread, he had a diff from an '06 V1, not a V3. I'm not sure what the V3 ('16+) diff looks like, but I'm fairly certain it wouldn't bolt right into a V1 rear subframe. [EDIT: Different terminology. When he says he has a V3 diff, he means the 3rd generation of the diff that was used in the V1. In that context, V3 = version 3 (of the rear end), as opposed to V3 = 3rd gen CTS-V. GM went through 4 different variants over the years because it was a weak point on the 1st gen CTS-Vs.]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts