Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, sorry I don't have very good pictures, I didn't have time to drive to a good shooting location. Anyway.

Here it is! I got it back from paint July 31st and spent today detailing it. Brand new paint, nothin' like it.

As you can see, I got the pinstriping done in a new color - light gold metallic. I think it looks a lot better than the saddle & brown that was on there before, it lightly accents the color instead of competing with it. Also, I don't have the door lock wreaths back on, and the antenna is still off, so it's not quite complete... but you get the picture. The paint is sooo shiny! It's like a mirror, just how I wanted it. As you can see I also got the license plate fillers done in the correct silver.

But enough words, we need pictures!

Did you notice my Goodfellas tribute on the car?

Again, wish I had better pictures for you, but that will come with time. I just wanted to give you something to look at, I know a few people have been following the story and wanted to see it.

Hope you like!

Ben.

·
Registered
'76 Fleetwood Brougham, '79 Sedan deVille
635 Posts
Congratulations. She's beautiful, and worth the wait.

I like the tribute plate, but I'd leave the lock wreaths off. Just me.

·
Registered
None yet
431 Posts
yea well it def gives me some motivation i mean that car from the inside out is prestine its any caddy mans dream its tuff doin all that and not having it be your daily driver i know im gonna wanna make mine a daily after its all beautiful looking.........

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, USMC; the paint is PPG urethane. But of course it was wet sanded and buffed a ton.

Glad you like the plate, it was done by this guy who can make any plate, any year. It's just plastic, but the lettering is done to look 3D, it actually looks like a real plate to the untrained eye. I just had to have it, to complete the look. The pictures just don't do the car justice, but it's all I can do with my lowly 1.3 megapixel Kodak. lol.

Ben.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, sure I'll tell you.

So, I'd gotten to be good friends with the guy during the last few months, and we have a lot of mutual friends who had gone to him for paint work in the past. So when I picked it up and started counting out hundreds, he gave me the shock of my life. Said he really enjoyed working on the car, and let's make us both happy... he did it for just over cost. So this whole beautiful urethane paint job was $1,200 in the end. You could have knocked me over with a damn feather. I practically kissed him. At all the other shops I went to, I was quoted 3-4k for the same exact job.

I knew as soon as I saw your name that you'd tell me to get a double pinstripe, lol! I liked it on yours but it's just not my personal style.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Wow, it's like 1979 all over again. Now you've gotta go out and cruise around while listening to Smashing Pumpkins "1979".

·
Registered
1979 Coupe Deville, 1995 FWB & 6 Other Non-Cadillacs.
759 Posts
Just got off work otherwise I would have replied hours ago. I can't say anything that hasn't already been said besides
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

And yes... I noticed and love the "Goodfella's" tribute. I can't believe that beautiful work only cost $1500. You should definately buy him a bottle of blue label or whatever he likes.

·
Registered
1987 Brougham 1978 Seville
254 Posts
Ben,

It looks great. However I expected no less from you. You have a great looking stable of Cadillacs there. The pinstriping is suttle enough to give the lines dimension without shocking you. You have a fine car. Drive it proudly.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
I'm also impressed as to the condition of allt he chrome.... that is what also makes the car.... sadly, I am gonna have to try and find new chrome, or stick the old chrome back on mine... or try to poilish it up.... we'll have to see...

·
Registered
'92 Brougham d'Elegance 305; '98 Seville STS
490 Posts
I cannot put to words how immaculate and amazingly gorgeous your Phaeton turned out. Congratulations! Your pinstripe selection couldn't have been better, too. Henry Hill would be proud.

(While others have said to the contrary, my vote is for the lock wreaths.)

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood Brougham
77 Posts
3-4K would have been a good price based on the amount of prep and color sanding that was done - $1200 is phenomenal.
Looks fantastic, I really like the slightly wider whitewalls on the car as well.

Thumbs up, nicely done.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts