Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 CADILLAC SEVILLE SLS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has no remote so I have to use the key to open the doors, each time I do, the alarm goes off. The go around is to lock each door from the inside by hand and then lock the drivers door with the key, but that is a monumental pain. Very simply, I just want it off.

·
Registered
2006 STS V Tango int
2,341 Posts
Do your power door locks not work? Your alarm shouldn't go off like that do you have the factory PK3 key and also a key fob is like 10$ on ebay

·
Registered
99 STS, White Diamond
792 Posts
The part of the security system that flashes the lights and honks the horn is an integral part of the RIM (rear integration module) located behind the rear seat back. Unfortunately I see no way to disable the system. Removing the RIM would result in a non-functioning car as it controls the fuel pump and most of content alarm functions are handled by messages sent through the main data bus.

Using the driver door key to unlock should disarm the system. Perhaps the switch that is connected to the cylinder is faulty. The remotes also disarm the system when you unlock. Likely the simplest and cheapest things is to replace a remote.

·
Registered
01 Cadillac Seville STS
56 Posts
I found my remote on ebay cheap and most dealers only charge twenty or thirty bucks to program the remotes.

·
Registered
'93 Seville 4.9
63 Posts
I had a similar problem with my '93. Attempting to unlock the driver's door with the key (never had a remote) triggered the alarm system. The solution was to either replace the driver's door lock OR have a standalone system installed. After running the numbers it was a lot cheaper to have the Viper alarm system installed as it not only eliminated the stock alarm problem but also added remote lock and unlock in addition to remote trunk release.

Now and then the two systems will get confused, typically when the 'lock' function is activated before all of the doors are closed. When this happens all that is needed is to go to the passenger side door and unlock it with the key.

I rather like having the two systems on the car.

·
Registered
2001 CADILLAC SEVILLE SLS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Ebay it is. I would much rather have a remote anyway. Didn't realize they were so cheap. Anyway to get around the dealership programming the new remote?

·
Registered
01 Cadillac Seville STS
56 Posts
You may be able to find a locksmith who can do it but you have to have the Tech II to program them.

Search them by part number the number 2 remote is 25695967. The wife has the number one on her keys with her so I can't get the numbers off it for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts