Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the reciever.

but.. i cant find a mounting bracket or a wiring harness for my 95 eldo. I dont have the bose so it should be straight forward.

Crutchfield told me they dont offer either.

but what i want to know is, is this a standard GM wiring harness than they used in everything since the early 90s? or is it different? and will the mounting bracket for my S10 work inmy eldo?

anyone done this and know where i can find what i need?

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Have you checked to see if places like best buy and circuit city can do it?

·
Registered
1996 eldorado, 2009 STS, 2004 XLR
212 Posts
installer.com makes the only adapter bracket kits i've been able to find. cheers!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I had Tweeter do my custom system in my 94, they supplied the bracket. Then when I got the the 96 and had the system switched to the new car they could not locate a bracket. Creative Car-Tunes 1221 Market St Lemoyne, PA 17043 7179752800 got me a real nice adapter for $20.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
I had a single din dvd receiver put in my Eldo. They used a din kit that cost me $20. I had a Pioneer Double Din unit in there, and went to a Poineer Single Din unit.

·
Registered
09 STS V8
60 Posts
I have some experience with this I can share, mine's a 99 eldo, we put an aftermarket stereo (Eclipse), with a PPI amp and MB Quarts (6 and 1/2 mids with sep tweeters up front and 2 10's in trunk), it sounds great, but was not an easy install. First, had to get someone to make a plate for the Eclipse to fit in, just black plexiglass on the outside with wood to hold the stereo, looks good, but not stock looking.
Second, you have to wire your stock radio up, we figured this out after we had the aftermarket in and running, everytime I'd get out of the car the horn would start blowing, all my computer stuff was messed up. The brain for alot of that stuff is in the radio, the good thing was that we did not use any of the stock wires for the new system, we might of used the power wires, but everthing else we supplied new wires for, that made it easier to run the stock wires to the trunk and hook them back up to the stock radio and bolt it to the top of the trunk so its on all the time. Sounds good now, have not had any probs for the last 4 years, good luck, DC

·
Registered
4 Posts
The brain for either Bose or none Bose radio's is on the passenger side of the trunk. The plug in the brain is the standard GM wiring harness (Metra part #70-1858). Wires have to be extended and run to the front, as well as the antenna with an antenna adaptor. The harness, kit, and antenna adaptor are all available from Metra. www.metraonline.com. The kit is for a single DIN unit only. Double DIN units have to have triim rings built.

Hope that helps. It's pretty straight forward.

·
Registered
95 Eldo
40 Posts
Just did the same thing in my 95 Eldo. I first installed a Sony unit, but didn't like the sound OR the display. It just didn't match my dash at all. I finally settled on a Pioneer Premier DEH-P480MP. You can get a dash kit from Best Buy/Circuit City. You need to get an extra length harness adapter. I got mine frrom www.integrationsolutions.net. The brain unit for even the factory base/cheapo system is in the trunk, alongside the antenna. I used Boston Accoustics speakers in the doors, and rear deck, they are a direct plug-n-play. Your doors should also have a small tweeter, I left it connected. JUst snap out the trim panel for the shifter/lighter, and the small trim "ring, it's actually kind of square". Unbolt the factory head unit, and leave the wires behind the new head unit. You won't use them. Run the extra length harness adapter from your new unit back to the plug off the box in the trunk. That's the simplest way to do a small sound upgrade. Now.....you can run all new speaker, power, ground wires, and stuff if you want to, but that seems to be the simplest way to replace a factory base system. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts