Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1985 Fleetwood Brogham RWD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna know why Jonas' HT4100 will do a burn out and mine wont?
I want to:blurock:Do Burn Outs:rockon:
:boom: :brutal:

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Its because im a badass. Plain and Simple.

On a more serious note: I have no effing idea. I remember it used to not be able to. Then one day i tried(after a few libations) and it just did and will anytime i try. Not at full throttle either.

Only mods are a Holly air cleaner. It has new plugs and wires,all new sensors. It has the 3.42 rear. It has a small exhaust leak in the muffler. I mean i dont know. It just does. But from what ive been hearing, i think i may have one of the faster(lol) HT4100's. I have driven everything from 3cyl Metros to a 2002 Z06 and 2005 GTO, so i know what fast is. My HT4100 is by no means fast, but its not as slow as everyone makes it out to be. It will haul some ass with the A/C off. And it really shows on the highway.

Ive been seriosuly considering putting a posi rear in it and putting an aftermarket free flowing true dual exhaust with no cats. I want to see how fast i can make it before it dies. I eventualy want an LT1 or LS1 in it, but i cant affords that anytime soon. So i may just mod it until it blows up.

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Because you did a brakestand?

·
Registered
86 DeVille (RIP), 89 Brougham D'Elegance, 95 FWB
922 Posts
I've seen a 307 do a burnout on a brakestand as well. I can't do it to my car, it feels so mean.

Plus I don't want to wear out my spiffy whitewalls any time sooner than i have to.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Sage Green paint adds 50 HP. Everyone knows that.
No oil, no nothing. Torque VS. Asphalt. Thats all.

OMFG you get points. Dead up serious. I hadnt considered the Sage Green paint,but you are right. The Sage makes about 31 extra horses. Its a long and complicated process, but its true. The paint consists of a performance enhancing metal flake and speed enhancing wax speed enabler. When the RPMs reach 3000, the Sage enabler reaches maximum speed and the Flux Sageacetor reaches its peak and goes nuts. It is a weird thing,but so true. The paint is actually developed by NASA engineers. Thats why its so rare.

I challege any HT4100 or 307 or 305 on the forum. Im drunk, but that is beside the point. I will spank some ass with my HT4100 guaranteed.

Lets do it. I will win, mark my words. Fastest HT4100 on the forum

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Here's a drag race for the ages:

Jonas's '85 4.1 FWB v. Rick's 307 '89 Brougham v. Benzilla's 425 '79 Phaeton v. a '81 Fleetwood.

·
Registered
1979 Phaeton Coupe, 1990 Brougham d'Elegance 5.7 liter
4,416 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
I was the definition of shit faced last night. How i typed that is beyond me.

Ehhh....

DAMMIT! It doesnt matter if the ground was wet, i have done it on bone-dry pavement before. And i'll do it again.

Haters...

·
Registered
1985 Fleetwood Brogham RWD
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mine just throws her ass up in the air a lill when I do a break stand ant then take off even slower than if I just floored it from a dead stop.

·
Registered
94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)
3,730 Posts
Higher barometric pressure than normal on the days you notice it most, your timing is advanced beyond stock, the factory made a mistake and put 4.11 gears in....

Brian

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,842 Posts
Im actually curious as to why mine seems to be faster.

Anyone have any ideas?
You are used to really slow cars? lol

Seriously, 4100 cars are dogs. I just gave back my mother's 84 (I loaned her my Roadmaster wagon to go camping), and it is a slug. My RMW is only a 5.7 TBI, not an LT1, and it feels like it has double the power. I am really missing driving my Impala SS (burned the wiring harness on one of the headers...)

You should have made a pass down the strip so we could all see how "fast" the sage beast is:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts