Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe 4.9l V8 Sfi Ohv 16v
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a '92 ETC with a few problems. First of all it started and ran fine when I first bought it. Since then it has been driven 5 or 6 times. I shut it off in a friend's apartment parking lot and it hasnt started again. No clicking or anything, when you turn the key NOTHING happens. I'm assuming a starter but if anyone has any other ideas let me know. Also the front turn signals dont flash, they just stay lit and the rear ones don't come on at all. I only paid 500 for it and before it wouldnt start it ran wonderfully. If anyone has any ideas on how to get my car back on the street I'd really appreciate it. Weston:confused:

·
Registered
1995 FWB 128,*** miles
2,255 Posts
When it happened was the engine hot or cold? VERY CAREFULLY run a jumper from battery positive terminal to starter's positive (bigger diameter stud 8mm on the starter solenoid, you can see it with flashlight through the exhaust manifold) . Be careful, first disconnect the battery and do not let the jumper touch exhaust manifold. The car should start right away. You either have bad cables, contacts or starter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts