Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Cadillac Eldorado ETC
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my rear air rides all messed up,rides real low in the back... cant decide weather its my struts or just a hole in the line but anyways. Today i hit an alright size bump in the road and ever since ive noticed a slight shimmy at 60-80km/h coming from the ass end (its defiantly not alignment or balancing). when i pulled over i grabbed both the rear wheels and shook and sure enough there was movement.(almost like lugs weren't tight enough or something,but this was not the case). Just wondering if anyone has had the same problem before and if i could get some advice? thanks in advance

ps. when i shook the wheels the whole hub and everything moved with it .so thats why im having a difficult time figuring this out.could it just be due to bad rear struts??

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,751 Posts
If the rear shocks are bad you'll have either poor up-and-down suspension control or no rear level control; maybe both.

Component movement could be due to bad bearing capsules or worse, extreme rust at the upper shock/suspension body metal attachment points. (Not uncommon)

You need to get the car up on a lift, rear wheels off, and do a thorough inspection.

·
Registered
98 Eldorado
23 Posts
Its a Caddy. 90% likelihood its the rear knuckle bushings, by what you described. Search the forum, you'll find plenty of info about it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts