Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
None
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac current makes very nice cars and I was lucky enough to ride in a co-workers current generation CTS today. While it was gorgeous, well made and as solid as a rock it was also very small inside. I was in a current generation STS last week and again it felt very small. Both cars I was sitting in the front seat with my knees to my chest. It seems like there is very little seat height.

Granted I'm 6'5" and larger than your average bear but I was really shocked on how small both the interiors were. For some reason the CTS looks like a bigger car on the outside and while I was thinking about getting one in the future it's just too small.

I'm not asking GM to bring back the barge-like Caddys of the past but it seems like there is more room in my old Corolla than in the CTS and more room in a Camry than the STS.

Just my observations and two cents.......

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
Let's put your "observations" to the test:

Dimension (front/rear) . CTS ... Corolla
--------------------- --------- ---------
Head room ........... 38.8/37.2 37.9/37.1
Shoulder room ....... 56.7/54.7 54.8/54.6
Hip room ............ 55.1/54.1 53.0/43.9
Leg room ............ 42.4/35.9 41.7/36.3

And the winner is clearly the CTS.

·
Registered
2008 CTS DI RWD
42 Posts
I'd have to say I disagree as well. Even when I'm driving (I'm 6'4", so close to your size) and the wheel is there I can still move the seat back far enough to where I have more than enough leg room. Furthermore, if I ever have 4 people in the car and someone has to sit behind me, I still have enough room after scooting the seat up.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Besides, after owning a Cadillac or a Lincoln, that owner would never be happy with anything less than a Caddy or Lincoln. You can feel the difference--even if you are not a car fanatic. (Driver can feel the difference in the solidness of the car.) We have had Cadillacs and top of the line Buick LeSabres. My wife and I, and my 30 year old boys can even the difference there.

·
Registered
2009 CTS DI AWD
56 Posts
:nyanya:

Too funny, Zymurgy put the debate to the test with a little data. Gotta love the power of Google and the ability to check up on everything people say. I had a know-it-all in my office and eventually one of my buddies got sick of it and began to use his BlackBerry to Google everything claim/statement he made and it turns out that he was completely BSing us for 60% of what he said. Not that pwm519 is BSing us, that's his opinion - but I love it when people kill debates with stuff like that.:highfive:

Anyway, I'm 6'1" and I will admit that the CTS is not a "big" car. I find (google this) all cars seem to be smaller in the interior than they used to be. Maybe I'm getting fatter. :suspense:

·
Registered
2008 Cadillac CTS DI AWD Thunder Gray Chromaflair/Ebony
798 Posts
That's the value of the CTS. Comparable to a BMW 5 series in size while the price competes more closely to the 3 series. The CTS is a mid-sized sport luxury sedan.

If you want full size, then check out the DTS or an Escalade.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-4 3.6 & 2008 SRX-4 V6
950 Posts
I'm 6'2", ~185 lbs and somewhat shorter or leg than upper body. IOW, I sit like somebody who's closer to 6'4" and I definitely had to special order my CTS and not get the sunroof. I don't like it when the headliner of my cars tell me when it's time to get a haircut...

As for the OP's statement about size, the front compartments are constricted by the design of the console and dash but it's frankly nothing that a seat adjustment can't handle. If you have long-legged rear passengers, drive your SRX instead...

·
Registered
2009 Black Ice/Ebony CTS-4 DI FE2
340 Posts
C'mon... all cars are getting smaller. I'm 6'4" 255lbs & it's no tighter than anything else in it's class & roomier than my G35. & yes I has sunroof.
Performance cars tend to have snug interiors.

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 Loaded
328 Posts
Comparing the BACK seat of my wifes CTS and my neighbors new Avalon, the Avalon is considerably bigger. I'm 6'4 and don't fit well in the BACK seat of the CTS. Please don't flame me, I'm only comparing back seat leg/head room.

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Comparing the BACK seat of my wifes CTS and my neighbors new Avalon, the Avalon is considerably bigger. I'm 6'4 and don't fit well in the BACK seat of the CTS. Please don't flame me, I'm only comparing back seat leg/head room.
Our family had a 2000 Avalon that we use for road trips. The back seat of that car is epic in size, probably the best back seat short of something like a long wheelbase Town Car, Jaguar Van Plas, Rolls Royce, etc. I actually like riding in the back seat better than the front in that car.

·
Registered
None
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To put it simply.....I was just surprised. The CTS for some reason looked bigger to me based on photos.

Still a very nice car!

·
Registered
None
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You might want to try one out w/o the sunroof. It does take away a couple of inches of headroom.
This is always a problem for me. I'm 6'5" but I'm all torso and while a seat adjustment will allow me to "fit" into the car it also means I'm looking out the back side windows.

And I stand by my STS comments. There was someone in the back and so I couldn't put the seats all the way back - again a nice car, it just wasn't as spacious as I thought it would be.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
29,100 Posts
I had a CTS until my wife had knee replacement surgery and had a difficult time getting in and out of the car even with the seat all the way back. An STS is enough larger that it is no longer a problem.

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
...And I stand by my STS comments. There was someone in the back and so I couldn't put the seats all the way back - again a nice car, it just wasn't as spacious as I thought it would be.
OK, let's put it to the test:

Dimension (front/rear) . STS ... Camry
Head room ........... 38.7/37.9 37.9/37.4
Shoulder room ....... 58.6/57.4 57.8/56.9
Hip room ............ 54.6/55.6 54.6/53.9
Leg room ............ 42.6/38.3 41.7/38.3

Ant the clear winner is the STS.

·
Registered
None
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, let's put it to the test:

Dimension (front/rear) . STS ... Camry
Head room ........... 38.7/37.9 37.9/37.4
Shoulder room ....... 58.6/57.4 57.8/56.9
Hip room ............ 54.6/55.6 54.6/53.9
Leg room ............ 42.6/38.3 41.7/38.3

Ant the clear winner is the STS.
My most recent comment above makes no reference to the Camry. I will repeat, I stand by my comments that the STS was not a spacious as I thought it would be. It's not small inside, just smaller than I thought. I think the only way I'll be happy with space is to look at crossovers or larger.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts