Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6, 2016 Malibu 1.5T
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread a few weeks ago, and still have no clear results on what the issue could be, I had the codes scanned up and I have no errors on the system except a 02 sensor that has been showing up for over a year.

Recently I have noticed that if the car is going 20-30 and I floor it, it wont go into the 5-6 rpms range, instead it will start picking up from 2 all the way to 6-7 and then shift to the next gear.

This makes me believe my car is starting from second gear because if I go full throttle at around 60-70 mph I can get the high rpms.

Is it possible for the car to be skipping 1st gear?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2PPKrDnMCU&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
07' CTS-V | 07' Lux 3.6 Volant-Borla-Vsways | 08' CTS 3.6 DI Performance
969 Posts
With a code scanner and ignition with engine off. What's the throttle (not pedal) position at WOT? In my car drives normally and it shows around 85%

Now if for some mechanical reason (which strangely enough is not setting a DTC) you're throttle is not opening up to WOT or near WOT levels the car doesn't see a reason to downshift and it's upshifting as early as it could.

Also, do you have the sport shifter? What happens in sport mode? What happens if you manually select first gear?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have not been able to check the WOT percentage, I can notice car holding gear much longer, but I believe its due to it always starting on second gear, yesterday after hitting 20 mph I went WOT and went all the way up to 70 mph with the RPMS climbing up to the 6-7 range until it switched gears.

I have a 2005 3.6, And I dont think it comes with sport shifting, Theres also no manual selection for first gear as the lowest I can go is 2 3 4 D

Thanks hopefully I get closer to what the issue could be.

·
Registered
CTS 2007 Sport Luxury
145 Posts
You dont have the button pressed in for snow mode do you?
Although I have no idea as to whether this would cause those symptons.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This issue was solved and thought I would update for reference to others that ever experience a similar issue.
I Removed my air intake system and used high pressure air to clean out the MAF and the Air filter.
Problem gone and my fuel economy was back and good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts